Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

I'm up to chapter 146. What happened to the boys rocket. :( That's not fair, they were playing with it so earnestly. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

It's hard for me to know who to root for between Kate and Mari. Also it looks like Jo's brains are splattered on the pavement.

Oh Snapalope
Aug 17, 2009

The_Frag_Man posted:

It's hard for me to know who to root for between Kate and Mari. Also it looks like Jo's brains are splattered on the pavement.

It's really nice that the scans are coming out so much faster now. I need to catch up.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

The_Frag_Man posted:

Really, the only reason to root for Mari is that she seems to no longer have quite as potent a grudge against the boys, whereas Kate fancies them fodder for her conflict with Mari

Those two are bad news. they deserve each other

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I just started reading this because the art was amazing and yet the premise was stupid, at least at first. Then I kept going and now it's chapter 158 and this is the most badass manga in the world. Stupendous scatological feats, intrepid morons, a fat dude with a tiny face, a rocket ship of profound ingenuity. It's chapter 158 and, in cell block B, someone's psyche is being gently dismantled. In cell block A, a prisoner smiles silently at the wall. Three boys worship a bottle together. One has piss all over his face, and is presumably proud of it. There is no point in other mangas.

Rise x Andre.

Broniki
Sep 2, 2009

Feminist Frequency is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign. Donate today!

Meme Emulator posted:

This 'ga isnt that funny and to be brutally honest: Its not that sexy either. Im baffled as to how it got so popular

It turns out it's actually funny and sexy.

Gakuto and Mitsuko are the best characters because of all the Sangokushi stuff.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Up to chapter 170 is available now.

Sir Gladu
Nov 26, 2008

I just want to give a word of thanks to this thread. I had heard of this manga a couple of time, and overlooked it, foolishly thinking it was just a generic and dumb fanservice thing
But now I just finished the part with the Enigma of the rear end Sphinx and, this manga, this loving manga

is a good manga.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Just chirping in to say thanks to this thread I'm really enjoying this manga, the comedic timing is great (even though its a manga)

There are some really great segments throughout it I'm currently around chapter 148, looking forward to the anime adaptation

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The original "Ourobouros" panel is the hardest I've laughed at a manga in a very very long time. It felt like over 100 chapters built up just to culminate in one stupid, glorious gag.

This current arc is appropriately completely nuts. Releases can't come fast enough.

Professor Irony
Aug 9, 2005

Oh Professor, you'll bury us all!
Think I'm still about forty chapters shy of the current one, but I'd just like to echo the sentiment that, even if it took a little while, somewhere along the line this went from being a guilty pleasure with amazing art, to being legit good in every way.

I really hope the upcoming anime does it justice.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Professor Irony posted:

Think I'm still about forty chapters shy of the current one, but I'd just like to echo the sentiment that, even if it took a little while, somewhere along the line this went from being a guilty pleasure with amazing art, to being legit good in every way.

I really hope the upcoming anime does it justice.

I think its secret lies in how audacious it is, and in how the art just keeps getting better. It's garbage, but it's hilarious, gorgeous, masterfully-paced garbage that goes above and beyond ridiculous in its situations and contrived fanservice.

The anime better keep up the tradition and be absurdly well-animated. I'm talking motion picture quality. Nothing else will be good enough. :colbert:

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

This thread is basically evidence of the differences between administrations.

I love Prison School and I wonder where all the people who were falling over themselves to denounce it in the manga thread went

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.

DamnGlitch posted:

I love Prison School and I wonder where all the people who were falling over themselves to denounce it in the manga thread went

They all love it too but are too ashamed to admit it. Everyone loves Prison School.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

DamnGlitch posted:

I can see why someone would hate this series if they only read a handful of chapters. But god drat, go 50 chapters in and if the fanservice ain't making you laugh as hard as everything else, there's something wrong with you.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You're not allowed to like the series without popping a boner at everything because,

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
We don't need Prison School boners anymore though because we have the hentai thread.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
New chapter is up. Make her grab the junk.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

ChubbyThePhat posted:

New chapter is up. Make her grab the junk.

They certainly ended it on a cliff hanger :shepface:

I loving love this manga

PS: The Princible is a straight up player

Oh Snapalope
Aug 17, 2009
Cast and staff announced:
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-32247.html

The dudes:
Kiyoshi - Kamiya Hiroshi(Expecting Zetsubou Sensei + a bit of Ararararagi)
Gakuto - Katsuyuki Konishi
Shingo - Kenichi Suzumura
Joe - Daisuke Namikawa
Andre - Kazuyuki Okitsu

The girls:
Mari - Ohara Sayaka
Meiko - Itou Shizuka
Hana - Hanakana (Surprise! The kiss scene will be so hilarious with her doing the voice, and the peeing parts too)

Studio:
JC Staff

Director:
Tsutomu Mizushima (Witchcraft Works...So we are in good hands I think since WCW was really well adapted and directed)

And here we have Kamiya in the prison uniform. It's apparently from an press event that was streamed on niconico and requires premium to watch. Relying on /a/nons right now for more pictures from that event.

New trailer too!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJrrSsYLZeM

Oh Snapalope fucked around with this message at 05:15 on May 27, 2015

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

really hyped that Hanakana will be playing Midorikawa. she's been my favorite character since she and the piss romance first showed up. the pv doesn't look great but I'm hoping the show will be a good refresher so i can jump back into the manga (stalled around 50 chapters in).

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

You're not allowed to like the series without popping a boner at everything because,

You're saying there's something wrong with having an erection while reading this?

Oh Snapalope
Aug 17, 2009

dogsicle posted:

really hyped that Hanakana will be playing Midorikawa. she's been my favorite character since she and the piss romance first showed up. the pv doesn't look great but I'm hoping the show will be a good refresher so i can jump back into the manga (stalled around 50 chapters in).

Get to at least chapter 81 because that's the most likely place the anime will stop at. Trust me from 60 and on, the humor just gets on a whole new level.

Also we don't know who voices the principal yet. We must know!

Oh Snapalope fucked around with this message at 05:00 on May 28, 2015

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Oh Snapalope posted:

Also we don't know who voices the principal is yet. We must know!

i'm praying for it to be Norio Wakamoto

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I'm so happy about Hana and I am pleased to see from the PV that several of my favorite scenes will be adapted and fully animated. Unfortunately I don't think the anime will make it to OUROBOUROS but I'm hoping at least for the entirety of Operation Full Moon.

Also, the latest chapter... What a climax. :allears: Watch the next chapter show it was yet another red herring.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

dogsicle posted:

It simply must be.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

dogsicle posted:

Keiji Fujiwara was narrating some of the trailer so I'm assuming he will put on the role of the resident... assman!
Edit: Seeing that the chairman is the only other man in the series besides that dry cleaning truck man.

Dastardly fucked around with this message at 15:28 on May 28, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wakamoto only does like one thing a year now and he's busy being M.Bison in SFV.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
I'm hopeful this will be a pretty good adaptation the Vice Prez's breasts look more insanely massive than they do in the manga though, which I guess just make them even more comical

They have the beatings down to a T they look loving hilarious

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Dastardly posted:

Keiji Fujiwara was narrating some of the trailer so I'm assuming he will put on the role of the resident... assman!
Edit: Seeing that the chairman is the only other man in the series besides that dry cleaning truck man.

i wasn't sure if the narrator was one of the already cast characters, so yeah i'd bet he's the principal then.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
So the author is sick? Is that it? The tension was very very palpable in the latest chapters... And now it's the waiting game all over again.

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

Just marathoned all there is.

I'm stunned at how great it's all keeping together. It's like Hiramoto forgot to let characters walking in stop the story, and damned if that's not refreshing as hell for it.

Golluk
Oct 22, 2008
I thought this just ended when the boys finally got out. Pleasantly surprised to find another 80+ chapters and it is ongoing. Just as good as I remembered it being.

I really hope they manage to keep the characters and expressions as good in the show.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

Guess i shouldn't be surprised given the author's other work, but latest chapter does the drama really well. Some good characterization between hana and kiyoshi

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Y'know, there have been a lot of Eva parodies over the years, but I think 178 is probably the best one and largely because it doesn't feature any of the overt stuff like big purple robots or brand x Ultraman kaiju or anything

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

He managed to fit in references to http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0983213/ ... That could've been Hiyoshi's mind though

Oh Snapalope
Aug 17, 2009
I don't know the latest chapter reminds me of Punpun for some reason. The still scenes mixed with various scenery pages.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Extremely good chapter.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

Author is such a tease with the reactions > will they won't they.

It's almost confirmed but small stuff like kiyoshi's romantic fantasies and the ambiguous ending keeps me guessing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syllables
Jul 2, 2011

XOF XOF XOF

:fag:
I copped out and read the entire manga from chapters 1 - 178 in about 9 hours. Dunno theres just an allure to the stuff (besides the tits).

The last chapter's ending is such a tease since recently the chapters are coming out like every 2 weeks or so.

also hana is too much to handle.

• Locked thread