Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I think this is a funny comic

I say this as someone who generally does not find most perverted Japanese comics funny

This is less Tenchi Muyo or ToLoveRu and more Animal House by way of Cromartie High School

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Hadaka Apron posted:

I'm not going to watch this because I find that fat guy with the tiny face insanely disturbing.

buddy you ain't seen nothing yet as far as that guy's concerned

he's the animal of prison school's electric mayhem

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

The_Frag_Man posted:

It's hard for me to know who to root for between Kate and Mari. Also it looks like Jo's brains are splattered on the pavement.

Really, the only reason to root for Mari is that she seems to no longer have quite as potent a grudge against the boys, whereas Kate fancies them fodder for her conflict with Mari

Those two are bad news. they deserve each other

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Y'know, there have been a lot of Eva parodies over the years, but I think 178 is probably the best one and largely because it doesn't feature any of the overt stuff like big purple robots or brand x Ultraman kaiju or anything

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
There was a promo manga for the anime written by Hiramoto and drawn by other jerk about the anime's production that paints Mizushima in a much more flattering manner than Shirobako ever did

Also one of the producers for the Prison School anime is one of the cats from Warner Bros. who got the JoJo anime made so that guy is basically the anime Producer equivalent of Houdini, loving making miracles happen somehow

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Hana's a violent, crazy girl who doesn't know how to express her burgeoning attraction to someone in anything that even remotely resembles an acceptable fashion

She cannot be contained by your lovely anime tropes

She will piss all over them

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

DamnGlitch posted:

Is it just me or does it seem like they can never get women's voices right in the 'dub'? Almost always it's really really bad, or at least feels off with rare exceptions (FLCL comes to mind)

Small talent pool, with the budget so low anyone with any real ability quickly grows out of it. Dubs have the same problems they've always had.

I'm still amazed when I watch a dub that doesn't suck, like Space Dandy.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Gorrister posted:

Is there some sort of japanese play on words I'm missing between how Chiyo says that "noone who is a fan of sumo can be a bad person" and the chairman "noone who is an rear end man can be a bad person"?

It's just a common saying where you can replace the subject with practically anything. No one who likes pizza can be a bad person, no one who likes unicycles can be a bad person, etc...

I think the most common version I've seen was about dogs

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Godammit, the stinger for season 2 at the end of the last episode gave me chills.

I'M ANGRY THAT I GOT CHILLS FROM AN ANIME FILLED WITH TITS THAT CONTAINS A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF SCATALOGICAL HUMOR

This show is so, so good. I realize that among the many things that are subjective, comedy is probably in the top 3, so maybe there are a lot of people who don think it's funny. I realize a lot of people are turned off by perversion in general and especially cartoon perversion from Japan, and ordinarily I can respect and sometimes even empathize with those feelings

In this case, I don't care. This is the best anime comedy since Nichibros. Possibly the best ever, for the added element of spectacle and exquisite production expertise. I'd call this the comedy equivalent of One Punch-Man, if it wasn't for the fact that OPM was also a comedy, so that'd be a really dumb thing to say.

I hope I live to see season 2

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The things that are censored are stuff like... well, uh, labia and nipples.

Basically just labia and nipples. Some doodie is censored but that's for comedic effect and was in the manga too.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Work Friend Keven posted:

Prison School is probably the greatest manga ever written and it's a shame that it's so hard to get past thinking it's just a softcore manga to realize how funny and amazing it is.

I don't think that it's the perversion that's at fault here. I think people would be open to the idea of perverted comedy if it was done well enough.

The problem is that there is so much "erotic comedy" that is fundamentally garbage that the idea of there being a good one is unthinkable

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Theme music of chapter 210

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Dastardly posted:

Bought the first 4 volumes of the English release and drat. I did not expect them to be this large and thick. The image quality is not lessened at all so I guess this is how they're published in Japan? 19 chapters in one volume is pretty neat.
The only real change I saw is that Gakuto is called Gackt but I haven't read through them yet.

How is the actual translation? I've had my hackles raised angrily by Yen Press in the past

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

i don't think if it counts as being time if it's not until the last page

• Locked thread