Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

dogsicle posted:

i'm praying for it to be Norio Wakamoto

Keiji Fujiwara was narrating some of the trailer so I'm assuming he will put on the role of the resident... assman!
Edit: Seeing that the chairman is the only other man in the series besides that dry cleaning truck man.

Dastardly fucked around with this message at 15:28 on May 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Gorrister posted:

This is my favourite anime this season. Sort of reminds me of GTO, and I love absurd things like that.

How far into the manga is the anime - I'll definitely have to read it once the season inevitably ends.

It's going to cover the first arc which is up to chapter 81. The manga is at chapter 189/190.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Gorrister posted:

Is there some sort of japanese play on words I'm missing between how Chiyo says that "noone who is a fan of sumo can be a bad person" and the chairman "noone who is an rear end man can be a bad person"?

Seems to be a saying in the Kurihara family. Mari knows one too.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
I had no idea necks could look so phallic until ch. 210.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Ch.214: RIP Joe. That plan completely backfired on him.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Has there ever been a shonen battle manga where they fight Monkey Island style by seeing who can out-insult one another?

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Summoning is way too dangerous. It needs to be sealed away.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Kiyoshi will persevere.
This cavalry should wrap up soon, it feels like they've been at it for longer than the first arc.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Is Meiko finally coming back? Also

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
The Principal's way of ending his sentences has always been the funniest thing to... me!

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Bought the first 4 volumes of the English release and drat. I did not expect them to be this large and thick. The image quality is not lessened at all so I guess this is how they're published in Japan? 19 chapters in one volume is pretty neat.
The only real change I saw is that Gakuto is called Gackt but I haven't read through them yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

OnimaruXLR posted:

How is the actual translation? I've had my hackles raised angrily by Yen Press in the past

Seems fine to me. Gakuto is called Gackt and speaks with thine and thous but other than that there's nothing weird about it.

• Locked thread