Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The original "Ourobouros" panel is the hardest I've laughed at a manga in a very very long time. It felt like over 100 chapters built up just to culminate in one stupid, glorious gag.

This current arc is appropriately completely nuts. Releases can't come fast enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Professor Irony posted:

Think I'm still about forty chapters shy of the current one, but I'd just like to echo the sentiment that, even if it took a little while, somewhere along the line this went from being a guilty pleasure with amazing art, to being legit good in every way.

I really hope the upcoming anime does it justice.

I think its secret lies in how audacious it is, and in how the art just keeps getting better. It's garbage, but it's hilarious, gorgeous, masterfully-paced garbage that goes above and beyond ridiculous in its situations and contrived fanservice.

The anime better keep up the tradition and be absurdly well-animated. I'm talking motion picture quality. Nothing else will be good enough. :colbert:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I'm so happy about Hana and I am pleased to see from the PV that several of my favorite scenes will be adapted and fully animated. Unfortunately I don't think the anime will make it to OUROBOUROS but I'm hoping at least for the entirety of Operation Full Moon.

Also, the latest chapter... What a climax. :allears: Watch the next chapter show it was yet another red herring.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Okay, I was somewhat worried about the translation to anime but the art shifts, weird faces, and voice-acting made episode 1 hilarious. Worth watching just for Gakuto alone. Shame it just doesn't or can't have the pacing of the manga but it's pretty neat seeing everyone animated. Looks to be blazing through it though, I can't believe we got to Hana peeing in the woods already.

On that note, her voice actress is doing a phenomenal job.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I cannot believe how much better/worse that last episode was in the anime vs. The manga. Andre's disgusting nipple hair was somehow even more disgusting. And it looks like we'll wrap up with the arc I thought we would wrap up with.

Against all odds, this may be the most accurate anime adaptation of all time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Literally a perfect adaptation. I'd wait for the Blu Rays so you can get it uncensored (just so there aren't any annoying beams of light and smoke and darkness everywhere) but that was stellar from top to bottom and the stinger at the end of the final episode was the perfect hook and made that character out to be exactly as despicable as she actually is.

Seriously, how they manage to fundamentally change the pace of the manga yet keep the spirit and humor exactly on point is beyond me. They even kept in all the best scenes and still had room for more. Stunning production, music work, animation, and detail throughout. Honestly can't think of a time I've been more satisfied with an adaptation. Already hoping they'll make season 2.

• Locked thread