Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

This thread is basically evidence of the differences between administrations.

I love Prison School and I wonder where all the people who were falling over themselves to denounce it in the manga thread went

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

having just reread all the way through and being both thoroughly amused and teased along, and also grossed out by the fat dude and bummed out by vice pres' back story, I really can't see how they will actually do 'prison school' as an anime, and not as a drastically retooled, toned down, dumbed down show about pervy guys trying to escape prison with antics and nothing more than that.

I also think the animation wont be able to do the art justice. The mangaka on PS is sickeningly talented, and I'm trying to think of comedy shows that have done intricately detailed ironically-serious looking characters right for entire shows and not just as quick bits.

DamnGlitch fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jul 7, 2015

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

she's hung up on the doorknob of life

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Is it just me or does it seem like they can never get women's voices right in the 'dub'? Almost always it's really really bad, or at least feels off with rare exceptions (FLCL comes to mind)

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Darth Windu posted:

The Japanese kinda hate women so

???

dogsicle posted:

"the japanese" aren't making the English dub

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

So I really like prison school but haven't watched the show... Is it the sort of thing that i should wait on the blurays? Given the subject matter I've been under the assumption its censored to hell

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Dastardly posted:

The Principal's way of ending his sentences has always been the funniest thing to... me!

I love it in the manga, but man it felt like the timing was off in the anime. I thought the show was great but I felt that translated really poorly somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I read the manga first so the timing was off from my interpretation, and soured it I guess.

• Locked thread