Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i dont even know man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
very carefully op

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Structured Queen Latifah

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Millstone posted:

Structured Queen Latifah

All my loving fives!!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Structured Queer Language

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

It helps you know who's the top and who's the bottom and who does both its v useful

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

my boss says we need to use Microsoft SQL Server 2014™

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
mysquirrel

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

mishaq posted:

lol @ using Microsoft SQL Server 2014™ in the year of our lord 2015

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

mishaq posted:

use postgres

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
Secret Queer Lover

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
why is mssql like 20gb or something and takes 4 hours to install. I can't be bothered anymore so I just use MySQL instead

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Maximum Leader posted:

why is mssql like 20gb or something and takes 4 hours to install. I can't be bothered anymore so I just use MySQL instead

lol @ mysql

postgres, scrub

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
your old sql is a pos

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
It's an acronym.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Its a piece of poo poo

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

legacy technology that unfortunately does not meet the demands of modern day software development

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

install postgres

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i'm rpetty sure the OPs joke is that some people say "sequel" so much that they get baffled whenever someone says "ess queue ell"

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
I know a guy who gets angry every time I refer to SQL as a programming language

I keep doing it on purpose

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

SQL is always worse than the RGNL.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
pfft, SQL

IMS supremacy

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
it's pronounced "sequel", op

pram
Jun 10, 2001
mysql is actually really good

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

my classmates were asking why I used MySQL instead of something open sores like ogre something something and that's when my presentation was derailed for 15 minutes

pram
Jun 10, 2001
everyone talking about postgres have never tried to scale it. and they also probably think innodb doesnt exist.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
of course you should all really be buying oracle products and accessories

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

my only hangup about postgres is the planner trying to be too smart, the community convinced the planner is always right, and the lack of any way to let the planner know that, no, you actually know what you want to do. so pretty much theyve passed the lone wolf programmer turing test

pram
Jun 10, 2001
a place i worked at had the postgres wal set up to scp individual files over to the backup lol. it was ridiculously slow. i told them about this magical new protocol called nfs and they were impressed. postgres users

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

also the defaults being tuned for a 386. because its v important that someone running pg embedded on a garage door controller not have to tune their settings, but the other 1m installations clearly need to configure 100 settings to get dece perf before they even get off the ground

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

i selected postgres for our confluence/jira databases so i presume it's the best

pram
Jun 10, 2001
*wrong buzzer*

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

mishaq posted:

i selected postgres for our confluence/jira databases so i presume it's the best

your first mistake was confluence

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

at the time i was redoing the whole setup because whoever did it before had both jira and confluence on a single windows server 2008 vm with some ancient version of mysql and it ran like dog poo poo

i made two clean centos vms and apparently atlassian poo poo doesn't support mariadb or whatever the non-oracle spinoff of mysql is so i just did postgres and now everything works a lot better with no additional janitoring on my part

cant wait to leave so someone else gets to fix it when it all blows up

at least i take daily database dump backups and poo poo :xd:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

i had to play cj because the actual IT department is so bad they're responsible for the old terrible setup

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
why is postgre better?

pram
Jun 10, 2001
it was better (than mysql) in 2003

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
is it pronounced sequel or ess cue ell

Valeyard