Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
This is terrible.

The description's still unclear (and cause of death probably won't be for a while) but it's troubling since it seems like something that could have happened to anyone in the ring, unlike Hart's death which was a stunt that shouldn't have been approved to begin with. You want the business to be as safe as possible and things like this happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I'm on a phone so I can't copy and paste but follow @luchablog on Twitter and read his blog linked from it for more info.

So loving sad, especially on such a routine move. Really shows how dangerous this dumb thing we all enjoy can be.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
What the gently caress rip

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
poo poo. major bummer. rip

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
per luchablogs twitter for those wondering why there was no ringside doctor:

quote:

luchablog @luchablog · 9m 9 minutes ago

Just to be clearer: other people on the show were injured, and that's why the doctor (and stretcher) were not there right away for Perro's.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

The full match video might be even more grim than the artful closeups of a dying man video, it looks so routine and normal. Just a horrendous situation.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
That's terrible. Scary just how quickly it can happen. RIP.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Thauros posted:

I'm on a phone so I can't copy and paste but follow @luchablog on Twitter and read his blog linked from it for more info.

quote:

@luchablog · 23m 23 minutes ago
the official cause of death is a "golpe que tuvo en la región cervica" - spinal stroke, I think. Which would be similar to Misawa.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Full match on youtube
:nms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmieRklWdaE :nms:

Happens right around 6 minutes in

Here's another video that makes it clearer that Rey didn't even touch him with the 619. The last move was a dropkick to the arm.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkO1AsTlVgU

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Oof. Horrible stuff.

:(

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Here's another video that makes it clearer that Rey didn't even touch him with the 619. The last move was a dropkick to the arm.

The show must go on. :smith:

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

That looks like an incredibly routine kick to cause spinal damage.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Burt Buckle posted:

sounds like it was the floor bump

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Burt Buckle posted:

It sounds like his body was completely worn down.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Yuriy posted:

Ah. It wouldn't surprise me, It doesn't look like they have mats on the outside either.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Nope. Saw a video from someone recording in the front seats. No mats at all.

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
I honestly didn't know who he was until I looked up some of his stuff on youtube. It's always awful when somebody dies so young, but it's a double bummer to see somebody so talented go.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Super Ninja Fish posted:

It looks like the dropkick was barely a nudge, too. Can't blame Rey for this at all.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Christ that's awful. My prayers for this guy and his family. What a horrible freak accident.

Not to detract from the man who actually died, but poor Rey also. He's got to be thinking he killed a man, even if he knows factually it's not true.

What a lovely thing.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Yuriy posted:

He looked pretty out of it from the bump he took right after the corner kick

Everything after just made it worse

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Dang, he sold that dropkick like death! :haw:

But really though, this is sad as hell.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

It sounds like his body was completely worn down.

Between his long career and personal problems I'm sure his body was absolutely destroyed.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Everyone went up to him was like, "you okay?"

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
It's so disturbing that these guys work so hard that this can happen in-ring, even on what seem like "normal" spots. only 35. just terrible

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Lower order thing but apparently Rey and Konnan are going to understandably pull out of the Walemania thing Wrestlemania weekend. Rey has took it really badly. Just inconsolable.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Fiveace Attorney posted:

It's so disturbing that these guys work so hard that this can happen in-ring, even on what seem like "normal" spots. only 35. just terrible

It's possible it had nothing to do with the spots at all, this can be caused by drug abuse.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Having just discovered the guy a few days ago, did he really have long time drug/alcohol abuse problems?

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
according to wikipedia he had abdominal surgery on a tumor in 2011 and had a burst peptic ulcer, was supposed to take a full year to recover but they found the tumor to be benign and he returned like the next month. and theres an increased risk of spinal stroke after abdominal surgery

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

Roman Reigns posted:

Having just discovered the guy a few days ago, did he really have long time drug/alcohol abuse problems?

Seemingly, everyone in lucha has alcohol abuse problems. That's just the attitude there.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Roman Reigns posted:

Idk for sure, but i think in 2011 or 2012 he was no-showing a ton of shows, and then said he had cancer, but it was a lie. but that was maybe someone else. I'm no expert.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

ChampRamp posted:

Seemingly, everyone in lucha has alcohol abuse problems. That's just the attitude there.

Sean Waltman said the AAA locker room was all about hard drugs and alcohol when he was there, but that was a few years ago.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
lucha is like a timewarp to the 80s in a lot of ways and so that isn't surprising at all

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Super Ninja Fish posted:

You can see his lower back smack into the apron on that head scissors to the outside (the angle he hits reminded me of the HBK casket bump at Royal Rumble 98) on the move before the dropkick. So it was most likely that and then it caught up with him a few seconds later when he dropped for the 619.

Mysterio did a great job of still missing Perro with the 619 despite thinking he was going to move.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Fiveace Attorney posted:

according to wikipedia he had abdominal surgery on a tumor in 2011 and had a burst peptic ulcer, was supposed to take a full year to recover but they found the tumor to be benign and he returned like the next month. and theres an increased risk of spinal stroke after abdominal surgery

That whole period caused a lot of suspicion, most people seemed to not buy his story but he had a scar so no one really knew.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Man that's incredibly tragic. 35 is way too young to go.

Gusano
Dec 15, 2013
As a mexican this loss of an astounding performer in a sport we all love is huge.

My condolences to the family.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
gently caress this. This sucks. Perros Del Mal 4 4 4 Life

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Roman Reigns posted:

Nope. Saw a video from someone recording in the front seats. No mats at all.

they never have mats. AAA, for being a large promotion, does not have its poo poo together one bit. See the last week of problems.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

coconono posted:

they never have mats. AAA, for being a large promotion, does not have its poo poo together one bit. See the last week of problems.

eh cant blame them for the rain-out or the bus-wreck, p much just the lack of permit when they had to re-schedule

also this death did not occur in AAA but an indie in tijuana or some sort from what i understand so im not sure what youre talking about or why youre making GBS threads on AAA for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

It wasn't an AAA show, they don't really run many house shows, it was an unaffiliated show in TJ.

• Locked thread