Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's the best Gorillaz album?
Gorillaz (2001)
Demon Days
Plastic Beach
The Fall
View Results

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
For me it's Plastic Beach because not everything on there is brilliant but the the good stuff on there is tranfuckingscendant. I joked about it before in the new Blur album thread, and I'll say it again here: Damon Albarn is a goddamned warlock.

Fun fact about the song DARE: Chris Evans stated at the 2006 Brit Awards that the song was originally to have been called "It's There", but was changed due to Shaun Ryder's strong Mancunian accent making it sound like he was saying 'It's dare.'

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Mar 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Hedrigall posted:

Dream collaborators for Phase 4?

I'd have to say Little Dragon (again) and Childish Gambino are at the top of my list. Maybe Studio Killers for a double-virtual-band collab.

Royce Da 5'9, Paul Weller, Killer Mike, Ray Davies, and Beck.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

horse mans posted:

Demon Days is nearly perfect in every way that matters, but Plastic Beach goes above and beyond. You can feel so much frustration and resignation, and trying to keep a smile on in the face of the worst circumstances. Demon Days is about hope. Plastic Beach is about walking away.

This is super on point.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I mean I made a list in this thread of collaborators I'd like to see but I trust Damon's judgment at this point to pick cool people.

• Locked thread