Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's the best Gorillaz album?
Gorillaz (2001)
Demon Days
Plastic Beach
The Fall
View Results

• Locked thread
Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I'll admit, I really only got into Gorillaz about a year ago when I bought their first album on a whim; ever since then, I've really been digging into everything Albarn and his collaborators have done. Whoever said the guy's a warlock is underselling him, if anything; he's practically a loving legend of music. Anyhow...

It's definitely a hard call to make, given how awesome Demon Days and Plastic Beach are in their own rights, and how tonally different they are from each other. I mean, the first album was good, but it kinda felt like it just started meandering off into an unfocused state in the second half. And, well... I wouldn't say The Fall was bad, just... Not up to par with its' predecessors.

What tips it over the edge for me, I think, are the "filler" songs. Plastic Beach's were all pretty smooth and easy to jam along to, but Demon Days was an entirely different beast, taking on a much more somber yet varied style. Plus, well, I'll admit to being a sucker for how smoothly the last few songs transition into each other; I kind of found it a shame that the titular track isn't anywhere near as famous as the singles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread