Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's the best Gorillaz album?
Gorillaz (2001)
Demon Days
Plastic Beach
The Fall
View Results

• Locked thread
Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
With the next phase of Gorillaz coming up sometime this year or the next, let's debate and rant about which is the best Gorillaz album!

But first, answering some questions before they're asked...

1. Where's G-Sides and D-Sides?

This thread is only debating the main albums from the band, so any B-side albums do not count. Granted there are some pretty good b-side songs, they still don't count.

2. Where the hell's Laika Come Home? This thread is flawed!

No, Laika Come Home is just a dub remix album of the band's debut album and that's it, although the members of Spacemonkeyz do collaborate with Gorillaz, this does not count as one of their main albums.

3. What about the singles like DoYaThing?

Did I mention the singles? No, I didn't. Some of the band's standalone singles may sound cool, but if they're not featured in an album, then they're not in the poll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Honestly, I couldn't decide between Demon Days and Plastic Beach they both sound so amazing, the debut album was okay though, but it sounded more like the foundations of the band before they really started taking off. I might reconsider allowing a second vote, but I need to check to see if I can do that first. EDIT: Okay, I guess I can't seeing as I'm not a mod, but maybe when the next album comes around, I might do a second part with that album included.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Yagyumi posted:

People! People! Whichever you choose, can we all agree that The Fall - though somewhat ambitious when you look back at how it was put together - probably shouldn't have happened?

Yeah, since when did people ever found the iPad useful?

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I'd love for Daft Punk to do a collaboration soon, something about the two of them working together just sounds right.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Demon Days is truly a classic, from the intro to Last Living Souls was a great opener, then when it got to Don't Get Lost In Heaven/Demon Days, that was one of the best endings to an album I ever heard. The last song sounded so sombre yet majestic.

Speaking of Last Living Souls, the live visuals for that song were a bit weird. In the Demon Days DVD, it was just disembodied heads of the band members, but during the Plastic Beach tour, it was a couple of zombies in a wasteland.

Junior Jr. fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Mar 22, 2015

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Yvonmukluk posted:

They wanted Engelbert Humerdinck for Plastic Beach, but his manager refused on his behalf. But Humperdinck turned around and fired him for it, so I guess he'd be up for it.

Honestly, that would sound great...I mean if you have an artist who once sang 'Lesbian Seagull', you know someone has to collaborate with him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPTXVqETBM4

Also, I'd love to hear another collaboration with the Hypnotic Brass Ensemble, last year, I saw 'Brothers Hypnotic' (which also featured Damon and his record label, 'Honest Jon's') and I was surprised how far they've come before the Plastic Beach tour, I mean they performed a gig with Prince in Dublin.

Junior Jr. fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Apr 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I wish there was more coverage of the Plastic Beach Tour, the gig they did in Glastonbury must've been amazing to see in-person.

• Locked thread