Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Burt Buckle posted:

Here are my luchador(a) masks. If you can name them all you get 20 lucha points.

Answer key:
Rey, Dr. Wagner, Fenix, Sexy Star, Sin Cara/Myzteziz/Mistico, Hijo Del Fantasma, Future UFC Champ CM Punk

Where did you get the Fenix and Sexy Star masks? I have a Rey one (except Red where your yellow is, I think) and I want more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Spermgod posted:

i put it on and the women are wrestling :zombie:

That finish was unreal (not in a good way)

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Well.

poo poo.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

So happy whatever happened that forced proxy bullshit was undone.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

So I'm pretty sure whoever missed that plancha is dead.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

oatgan posted:

Until next week, you mean

I WILL TAKE SMALL VICTORIES OATGAN

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Simpsons/Turtles mask v mask :ohdear:

Please, please, please tell me there's a way to watch this.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Spermgod posted:

Imagine when guys get injured/leave and you have to do the G1 calculus except not only does the right guy have to win but the right guy has to come last also since they're losing their hair/mask. This has the makings of a disaster.

If Lashley gets last does he have to grow hair?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

oatgan posted:

lol josh matthews is scheduled to do commentary for the next AAA PPV

Literally cannot be worse than last time.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

With Josh Mathews there is no floor for how bad it can/will get.

Last time Matt Striker said "There's no thigh slapping here" and it was possibly not even in the top ten awful things to happen involving the announce team.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I really should not have clicked the pics link, but I'm stupid and hate myself.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Mob posted:

Is there a card for tonight? I miss those big bright promo ads that used to be posted

I can't find a bright big promo ad, but through cubsfan I found tonight's CMLL card on clarosports (should be http://www.clarosports.com/en-vivo02/ like usual). The top three matches are a women's title match between Dalys and Marcela, an Atlantis/Dragon Lee/Mistico vs. Ephesto/Luciferno/Mephisto, and the main event is Marco Corleone, Maximo Sexy, and Volador Jr. vs. La Mascara, Pierroth, and Rush. I expect the usual nonsense from the undercard.

Edit: Wow I'm slow.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Mob posted:

40 minutes til showtime

Will they steal my beautiful Maximo's hair tonight

:)

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

cmll is good

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Not as exciting as last week's show, but Friday night with CMLL is a good night. :toot:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Spermgod posted:

a ton of their best guys are in japan and puma and tiger still aren't on this show lol

For what it's worth (not much), Tiger is on the Sunday and Tuesday shows, and Puma is on Tuesday's.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I am so happy that CMLL's women are both terrible and willing to try things they cannot even begin to do.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Hard to believe we are 24 hours away from POLICE MAN putting his hair on the line.

Police Man losing his hair would be a greater tragedy than anything else to happen in lucha this month.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

I think the wife of the original owner is the one actually in control.

GCW, the people involved with Joey Janela's Spring Break, are gonna work with DTU for a couple months. I hope Joey gets to book Los Tortugas for the New Orleans show.

What if he books one of the Tortugas vs. Glacier? Or Shark Boy?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

DJExile posted:

I love that lucha flyers do their absolute damndest to cram as many words as possible into them

I love that they actually tell you everything you're going to see.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Lucha is so dumb and I am so happy it exists.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Lucha loving owns. On one side you have CMLL putting together awesome wrestling with the occasional absurd thing, on the other side you have AAA being everything scummy about wrestling, and somewhere in the background you have La Parka and Rush beating each other senseless.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Puebla night is the best night.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Lilith Dark is exactly the kind of name I look for in pro wrestlers.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

rovert posted:

The contract terms are really restrictive like the initial Lucha Underground ones were.

if lucha underground people fall for the same thing again i'm not sure if that will be funny or sad

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I am so happy to be a wrestling fan.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Willninho posted:

Are one of the CMLL weekly shows the one I should watch or should I just do what I do now and skim when I hear something is good?

Friday is the most important weekly show, and we also tend to watch the Monday show together at http://www.psp-tv.com/r/BadMoviesWorseWrestling . If you want to add Lucha to your weekly diet on the regular I'd watch either Friday or join goons for Monday.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

There is no way the Mask/Hair match wouldn't have blood.

Whether or not CMLL allows it to have blood is a different question.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

coconono posted:

trying to imagine Rush and Jay Briscoe having a conversation that doesn't end in a fist fight and its not happening.

Does it count if they agree to get in a fishfight with LA Park? Because I could see them both going "gently caress LA Park" and punching him a lot.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Here's the CMLL Anniversary Show card, per CubsFan.

1) La Jarochita, Marcela, Princesa Sugehit vs Dalys, La Maligna, Reyna Isis
2) Ángel de Oro, Audaz, Niebla Roja vs Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas
3) Atlantis, Mistico, Soberano Jr. vs Cuatrero, Forastero, Sansón
4) Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero vs Ciber the Main Man, Scharly Rockstar, The Chris [CMLL TRIOS]
first defense
5) Carístico, Hijo de LA Park, LA Park vs Diamante Azul, King Phoenix, Penta El Zero M
6) Matt Taven & Volador Jr. vs Bárbaro Cavernario & Rush [hair]

Lucha hurt me bad.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

There are multiple Rey Escorpions, possibly also multiple in AAA.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

coconono posted:

does Arolucha even have any exclusive names?

ron and don harris

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

oh man i can see wcw's ultimo dragon

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

wait wasn't triplemania supposed to be la park vs. wagner jr. mask vs. hair

i understand expecting booking a match a year out in lucha is my fault though

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

LA Park blew it off at Triplemania last year when they tried to have Wagner do the challenge. He was never going to do it.

He didn't pitch it, they did and he laughed at Wagner.

Okay see, me, being a stupid person, assumed Park laughing at Wagner was part of the angle and Wagner would eventually do something to convince Park to accept it.

It never dawned on me for a moment that, this being Lucha Libre and LA Park, that it was all real.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The first time I saw him post-WWE he looked so bad. Losing the beard makes him look so out of shape.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

if cmll fires whoever makes the posters i'm out

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

So is there any way that tournament doesn't end in Villano IV unmasking?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

i can't fathom villano iv winning here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Power Windows posted:

GLADIS NIGHT