Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

oatgan posted:

Rey Mysterio is the PR ambassador for AAA and Paramount Pictures in Mexico so he does all the commercials and promotion for their big releases. He had a terminator entrance like triple h earlier this year for Genisys so expect something like that again

I can't think of anything iconic like that about Mission Impossible without Rey doing an Owen Hart, and that stunt's from three movies ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

oatgan posted:

they did this

How could i have forgotten the famous golden kinda Roman bird thing from Mission Impossible

e: I bet sin Cara could've gotten over Stateside if he'd used this 'an inside-out wrestler' gimmick

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Spermgod posted:

So weird how CMLL just spins its wheels for most of the year and then will hotshot something as huge as that when they 'need' to draw a big house

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sinistyzzz is actually a pretty good name for him now that he's full-on rudo.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Apparently Alex De La Iglesia is reviving the Santo movie franchise.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Illinois Smith posted:

This is gonna be batshit insane and I can't wait for it.

If you're unfamiliar with him, he's like Guillermo del Toro's manic, sleazy younger brother.

Oh I know his stuff very well, I am so hyped for this. Loved Witching and Bitching and My Big Night.

Speaking of Del Toro, the lucha vampire hunter movie (Silva) he's been wanting to be made for years might actually happen now.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

Tapings start this weekend. So be alert and/or kind when it comes to spoilers both here and social media. Also just stop listening to Wrestling Observer Radio as Meltzer will blurt out spoilers at random times.

This is a good tip. I've never been so irrationally angry at a wrestling thing as I was with Dave spoiling Ultima Lucha on some random show/newsletter. I might kill my sub until the Rumble to avoid that again.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

Konnan was on the MLW podcast trying to claim that ADR was doing close to a $1million during his year out of WWE. If dude was making that kind of coin, why was he so eager to head back to WWE for half the pay?

My assumption was that K-Dawg was high, lying, or both.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Great White Hope posted:

Literally cannot be worse than last time.

With Josh Mathews there is no floor for how bad it can/will get. Between calling the wrong moves and his inability to modulate his voice below "screaming", there'll be lots of shilling for TNA and for Slammiversary. I would rather poo poo in my shoes and walk around all day than listen to that.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Great White Hope posted:

Last time Matt Striker said "There's no thigh slapping here" and it was possibly not even in the top ten awful things to happen involving the announcer team.

Three weeks ago Josh called four diffferent moves a "lungblower" on the same episode of Impact.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

willus posted:

was any of the four moves a lungblower

Nope!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm still baffled at the fact that AAA is apparently in such a poo poo position that they're being given demands from TN-loving-A and having to meet those demands. Especially when it's something that will detract from the show even more than Striker did.

To put it in perspective, even the most voracious defenders of TNA, TNAMecca, hate Josh Mathews.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Bit of lucha here in Toronto on Sunday with Blue Demon, Lince, etc

quote:

Mexico’s top lucha libre talent face-off inside the ring alongside – and against – some of Toronto's homegrown, high-flying, wrestlers! Each match will be a test of wills: who will triumph? Canada or Mexico?

Come down to watch top Mexican wrestling superstars Blue Demon Jr., Lince Dorado and Octagoncito battle for wrestling supremacy!

WHEN: Sun. July 17 2016
TIME: 3pm
WHERE: Harbourfront Centre (235 Queens Quay W, Toronto)
ADMISSION: Early bird $15 - at the door $20

Buy tickets online at http://my.harbourfrontcentre.com/single/SYOS.aspx?p=27133

Or call 416-973-4000, option 1

Schedule to compete...
Blue Demon Jr
Octagoncito
Lince Dorado
Freddie Mercurio

Plus much more!!!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It's Blue Demon's birthday, give him a break

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If you want to cry your eyes out over Perro again or want a pretty watchable introduction to lucha libre, have I got the doc for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIvcR31tQ9M

Just watched it last night and it's really really good.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

StarkRavingMad posted:

I love this jacked up old bastard

I love that this could apply to almost anyone in the last three or so matches at least

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ben Hur would've been so much better with a clown

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert who's the new Sombra

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

That's too bad but tyb

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

hahah AAA and TNA deserve each other so much

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

no and I will never stop calling it TNA. Never ever.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Hope he goes to TNA and loses his mask to Eli Drake

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Pretty sure the "no-show a bunch of dates and then sign with TNA" gimmick is taken

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This is gonna be real good

https://twitter.com/Konnan5150/status/939246482842161152

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I don't care I just hope Russo takes Rey's mask again.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

Apparently Aro Lucha contracts and their business model in general will be a big story the next few days. I assume the Observer will cover it.

Good or bad? I really want those Nazis to faceplant.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rare Magic card l00k posted:

if lucha underground people fall for the same thing again i'm not sure if that will be funny or sad

Falling for the same thing on top of agreeing to be booked by Vince Russo and a couple of proud boys

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Holy poo poo Psycho Clown is a guest judge on the second episode of Nailed It Mexico.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Anyone know of a good, comprehensive listing of lucha indies in Mexico? Just found out I'll be in Zihuatanejo over Mania weekend next year and would like to check out an event if one is running.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

We're not just gonna ignore "Browser" are we