Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
If you like old man lucha and/or crazy lucha submissions then boy do I have a treat for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-53N5vT3og
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6axU3HxkQo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJd8WucsfDg

I need to find a money mark for my fantasy shoot style/llaves hybrid promotion. Negro Navarro and Volk Han will be head trainers.

Come to think of it I wonder if anyone other than Norman Smiley worked for both lucha libre and shoot style promotions.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Aug 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
Sombra accepted Atlantis's challenge to a mask match and said they should have it on the Aniversario show. Most people seem skeptical that it actually goes down like that; think Thunder and Ultimo Guerrero will be involved in some way.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

LvK posted:

You'll hear no argument from me either way, friend.

For a more serious answer, I've been digging around my (limited) resources and mostly there's a lot of lucharesu crossover, which would make Shoichi Funaki the obvious answer. Hamada did some work in Battlarts but it was a handful of guest appearances, largely.

Oh yeah I forgot about the Battlarts/MPro feud. Taka too and maybe Minoru Tanaka if he ever worked Mexico.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
So apparently not only is Atlantis/Sombra happening but Dr. Wagner Jr. and LA Park are going to be on the Aniversario show in some way, possibly also involving Rush (and Naito?)

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a6RnrurHik

Good match and the way this is shot gets across the physicality of the matwork a lot better than CMLL's TV.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

They uploaded this whole show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82gncuLFZWk

Getting show of the year talk from hardcore lucha guys

edit: Yeahh those people might be overselling it a bit but it was a real fun show. Guerrero Maya Sr./Guerrero Maya Jr. was really good, borderline great but pretty much every match had something going for it.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Aug 24, 2015

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
I missed the En Busca trios :(

Looks like they drew a good house

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Dragon Lee/Valiente/Marco Corleone vs. Mephisto/Ephesto/Rey Escorpion was a fun match. Looks like everyone has their working boots on tonight.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Next week's card:

Being able to watch these live is so cool. Should be a good show. CMLL is suddenly exciting, who'da thunk it.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
This official flyer for some reason has a drawing of Johnny Mundo on it

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Jesus Christ this match looks loving nuts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb3TqGf8DAo

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

coconono posted:

CMLL is really bad tho? Like outside of a few guys, their roster is either crippled or drunk.

thats wrong

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
CMLL has such a huge quantity of both good to great and bad to terrible workers that I think they might have both the best and worst roster in the world at the same time

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Aniversario card

1) Esfinge, Fuego, The Panther vs Disturbio, Puma, Virus
2) Guerrero Maya Jr., Máximo, Stuka Jr. vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Rey Escorpión
3) Dark Angel vs Princesa Sugehit
announced as mano a mano, not a lightning (10 minute time limit). Dark Angel’s farewell match.
4) Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas vs Dragon Lee, Mistico, Valiente
5) LA Park, Último Guerrero, Volador Jr. vs Dr. Wagner Jr., Rush, Thunder [Relevos Increíbles]
6) Atlantis vs La Sombra [mask]

I'm sure a lot of those trios will be good since everyone works harder when there's a big crowd, but it isn't a very exciting undercard.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Aniversario gonna be a $10 iPPV. CMLL has traditionally been pretty good with streaming so hopefully that goes off well.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
I decided to sleep instead of watching the show last night but judging by cubs' recap it wasn't that great anyway

Next week's card:

fourth match could be great

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

hope they youtube this one too

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
The first match here is good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWUM8t1H-Mc

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Oh poo poo

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Sep 19, 2015

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
They've mortgaged their future for short-term gain. Building for the future vs. profiting here and now is always a complex calculus in wrestling, and it's not necessarily a bad decision if they can get a few more huge gates out of Atlantis's mask, but after Rush vs. Atlantis hair vs. mask, which I assume will be next year's Aniversario main event, there's not really another strong hair or mask to go against him. At the same time it's not like Sombra is the only guy they have who could be a future masked técnico Ace for them - Titán, Dragon Lee, Máscara Dorada all have potential, although Sombra was wayyy farther along than all of them and thus the closest thing to a can't-miss prospect. This is what years of apathetic booking have wrought.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Sep 21, 2015

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Yeah I think he had maybe the coolest looking mask in current CMLL and the dynamic of him and Rush with one masked and one unmasked guy was cool too.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Reminder that this is on in 5 hours and streaming live on http://clarosports.com

Looks like a pretty good card, looking forward the minis and obviously the main event especially.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
aaand we're live http://www.clarosports.com/en-vivo/

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
That minis match was super fun. Shockercito and Demus have great chemistry.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Three for three in good matches tonight

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Thunder replaced in this match! I don't want to jinx it but this show may be blessed.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
That dive train 💯

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
That was a fantastic performance from Sombra

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
WHY

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
I can understand not wanting to give that match away, but they could've given us a little more than that. Reminds me of RAW in the 90s when they'd claim they were going to give you PPV main event for free and it would go 30 seconds before a run in DQ. At least it was still a really good show overall.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
cubsfan thinks they might have made the call to go home early after seeing Rush cut open since the CMLL office doesn't like having blood. Which raises the question of why they would cut to an extended shot showing the huge gash in his shoulder, but that's CMLLogic for ya I guess

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
It's annoyingly clipped but here's 11 minutes of Kamaitachi vs. Rey Horus from Chilanga Mask

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLiYRMPk9IU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
lmao oops. I'm just gonna leave that there although it's really only a *** Maru vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=besMTKstm5A

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Not a great card compared to last night's. Wonder if they're going to give Super Parka's hair to one of the Ingobernables.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Sep 26, 2015

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67RsjScV7v0

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Shockercito vs. Demus 3:16 hair vs. hair was signed for some point in the future. That match could be really good.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
For all you guys craving more singles Pentagón Jr., here's something if you don't mind plunder matches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrM9K3sq8bU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Spermgod posted:

Shockercito vs. Demus 3:16 hair vs. hair was signed for some point in the future. That match could be really good.

Next Friday

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
crazy how bright things were looking for AAA at the beginning of the year and what a horrible year it's turned out to be