Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HOLY poo poo PENTAGON WON

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Wagner wants a mask match with Psycho Clown

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:swoon:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Octagon_real/status/719231947529019392

Octagon unmasking Octagon Jr/Flamita at a signing

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Apr 11, 2016

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bard Maddox posted:

Mexico right now is so awesome

https://twitter.com/TKD_117/status/719288556095684608?s=09

yep

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/719351742832320512

:stare:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oatgan posted:

it's sad that flamita has to endure this just to curtain jerk in mixed tag matches so that AAA can retain the rights to a character they were never going to do anything with in the first place but hey thats mexico

Could be worse. If he was a bigger star like Del Rio or Mistico, they'd be booked in the same matches 20 times a year in Mexico, with the same being done if they ever go to the US, until one died or quit because "the real heat sells"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

lmao Octagon said he's debuting his own Octagon Jr soon

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

http://www.espn.com.mx/otros-deportes/nota/_/id/2647446/nace-dinastia-de-los-ocho-angulos-con-el-legitimo-hijo-de-octagon El Hijo de Octagon, Octagon's Octagon Jr, debuting in Elite soon per ESPN

I cannot believe that is a legitimate thing I just typed. This is the wackiest lucha week

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave posted:

After all that happened last week, Octagon announced that he was debuting his son who will use the name El Hjio del Octagon. It should be noted that AAA owns the rights to the Octagon name. It also should be noted that it had always been said that Octagon only had daughters. Octagon held a press conference and claimed he had three sons, with the oldest, who is 24, debuting with the name.

He said he also had teenage twins who will also be getting into wrestling. El Hijo del Octagon is said to be a Mexico City independent wrestler who doesn’t have a big name and isn’t Octagon’s son. However, the twins that were at the press conference are said to be Octagon’s sons. Super Luchas explained all this by claiming Octagon had three sons with a woman wrestler whose name was not revealed, although the belief is that only the twins were his sons.

:psyduck:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lashley will be back in Mexico on Wednesday as part of the Lucha Libre Elite tournament, facing Ultimo Guerrero on a show that also includes Volador Jr. vs. Mascara Dorada.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Welp

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/725450992435646465?s=09

:rip:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

Josh Mathews is poo poo, Matt Striker is poo poo. Why can't AAA get any, you know, good announcers to call their PPVs?

Why would they want to go do AAA's stuff

Seriously, I don't think appeal has been there since the disaster of Triplemania. I certainly can't imagine that after that farce, let alone everything else that's happened since, that they have much bargaining leverage for foreign market commentators

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Did you watch the show? The whole thing was trash except the final match which was passable. Also like half of the guys on the show aren't with the company anymore.

And there were technical/audio issues galore, with commentary (Striker and Savinovich) visibly looking like they had no clue what to do and Striker occasionally leaving to talk with production to see for help

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lucha World Cup teams:

(Men Bracket)
Japan (NOAH): Taiji Ishimori, Naomichi Marufuji, Maybach Taniguchi
Japan (Ouduo/Zero One) Masato Tanaka, Akebono, Ikuto Hidaka
Mexico (AAA): Pentagon Jr., Texano Jr., Psycho Clown
Mexico (Leyendas): Canek, La Parka (AAA), Blue Demon Jr.
Mexico (Internacional): Rey Mysterio, Dragon Azteca Jr., Dr. Wagner Jr.
US (TNA): Ethan Carter III, Eli Drake, Tyrus
US (LU): Brian Cage, Johnny Mundo, Chavo Guerrero Jr.
Rest of the World: Mil Muertes, Rockstar Spud, Apolo

(Women Bracket)
Japan: (WAVE/OZ) Aja Kong, Yuki Miyazaki, Natsu Sumire
Mexico (AAA): Lady Apache, Mary Apache, Faby Apache
US: Santana Garrett, Sienna (Allysin Kay), Cheerleader Melissa
Canada: Taya, Allie (Cherry Bomb), KC Spinelli

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Today sucks :negative:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lucha Libre World Cup iPPV

https://twitter.com/manrayk/status/735564581448228864

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Combined age of 184

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

is it two nights now? whats tonight?

Seems like finals are on the 5th

Kinda wanna watch, but Josh Matthews is English commentary

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

actually i forget, wasnt mundo in the finals last year. never mind i dont know anything

Last year LU was on two teams (one with ROH, one with TNA), and Mundo was on Team TNA/LU which went to the finals

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Adonis used to be in FCW and has been in UK indies ever since, Idol has mainly been in New Zealand and Mexican indies. Neither are really great enough to be known names

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

5 stars

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Movie time!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

gently caress

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This year sucks, take it back

Far too young

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The occasional overrun that isn't taken into account in advance is the only problem I have with viewing punchsports on the LEV. Good app otherwise

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Germansimp posted:

The Triplemania card looks pretty awesome. That said, the spacing between names on that poster is weird in places, and after rereading the card I'm sad that there is no wrestler (or actual serpent) called 'Australian Suicide Mamba'.

Also, didn't Hernandez burn his bridges with AAA, or was that solely with Lucha Underground.

It was just LU. It was the TNA/LU fuckup

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:stare:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

That gimmick is ... certainly a thing.

Is this how German wrestling fans feel when non-German wrestlers break out a Nazi gimmick?

There was a lot of hate for JBL goose-stepping there, IIRC

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DAN SEVERN

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That main event tho

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

mariooncrack posted:

Is Santo Jr. the son of el hijo del Santo?

A son, yes. I think he's had multiple but only one's taking up wrestling (at least currently)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I found a translated part of that interview he did, http://ligerfever.tumblr.com/post/152163898944/jack-evans-interviewed-by-alejandro-gim%E9nez-of

quote:

I maintained a close relationship with Konnan. I do not want to get into trouble, but this must be said… The company was 100 times better when he was the booker be honest. The television product is very bad without Konnan. AAA does not motivate it’s wrestlers. Sorry Dorian, you know I love you (laughs). Konnan was about to give me the Pentagon match for the ‘mask against hair’ but then it was it was canceled. That has been the story with AAA since. Things started and ended without really knowing why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

There's a documentary on Netflix just recently added called Lucha Mexico, looks like Perro Jr. is a focus, I assume it's from a couple years ago

It was talked about in this thread a bit ago I believe, it finally released in theaters this summer https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/lucha_mexico/