Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Good lord the Ref in the Rey de Reyes Final was awful and really took away from the finish for me with that fast count.

E: It's great to see Rey Mysterio Jr working the Lucha style again. He looks rejuvenated.

E: Rey with a Canadian Destroyer :stare:

Wiccan Wasteland fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Apr 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Yuriy posted:

AAA this week was a best of from Rey de Reyes and man, that old guy match was better than I remember

they showed:

fenix/el hijo del fantasmo (king cuerno)
old guy match

and now theyre doing the 4 way with psycho clown and then the rey mysterio/dead dude 4 way

this card was good and remember, lucha tube leads directly into lucha underground and then nxt on wooo! (LU and onward also at taima.tv/r/woooalt which also doesnt have image macros)

Cubsfan just posted the Fenix/Hijo Del Fantasmo match and it was pretty good.

Also, Alberto is Rock levels of over in Mexico. Kids were jumping the railing just to give him a hug and touch him.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Spermgod posted:

no-selling german suplexes can gently caress off but otherwise this looks amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9wQn3KAfl8

hopefully footage shows up

:ohdear: When did LA Park gain all that weight? Also I agree, no-selling german suplexes can gently caress off.

Is there a story behind Rey Horus dropping the Hijo de Rey Misterio name?

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Spermgod posted:

wikipedia sez he dropped it when the original HDRM returned to wrestling

I have never seen the original wrestle.. I wonder if he's any good.

Cubsfan just posted a bunch of matches today and I was finally able to watch Alberto Del Rio vs Brian Cage and... gently caress that match. Ref shenanigans completely ruined it for me. I have no idea who the Champion is after watching that.

E: Also, Alberto makes Pentagon, Hijo del Fantasma (King Cuerno), and Texano Jr look like chumps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQPFyOxcTFI

Wiccan Wasteland fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jun 30, 2015

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Johnny Mundo and Rey Misterio are feuding in Mexico now :\

Oh and Alberto is still champ somehow... wtf

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Spermgod posted:

Reminder that this is on in 5 hours and streaming live on http://clarosports.com

Looks like a pretty good card, looking forward the minis and obviously the main event especially.

Volador looks like the Winter Soldier holy poo poo. This looks like a really great card and I hope it will be uploaded by Cubsfan or someone else. Also umm.. is Mark Jindrak mostly a trios guy at this point?

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

oatgan posted:

myzteziz just showed up and cut a promo at the cmll arena mexico show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YajoYQAtTZQ

If Myzteziz ends up in CMLL could he start going by Sin Cara again? Also if he does end up there I cannot wait for the Myzteziz/Volador Jr matchup.

Wiccan Wasteland fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Oct 10, 2015

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

epitasis posted:

i am interested to hear why you think he would go by sin cara in cmll but not aaa, did you mean mistico?

I remember CMLL buying the trademark for the name and mask in Mexico a while back.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2011/6/15/2226054/cmll-trademarks-sin-cara-name-mask-in-mexico-to-block-a-post-wwe-run

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

:vince: They arent wasting any time.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
From cubsfans luchablog

quote:

The WON mentions AAA (Dorian) was told on 10/12 that Alberto was going back to WWE, but dismissed it as another rumor and had no plans to take the Mega title away from him this year. They also say Alberto had been telling people in “recent weeks” he was going back to WWE, but gave the impression it would be in January. Meltzer says one source says the deal was done in mid-September. If that’s correct, Alberto knew he was leaving, could’ve informed AAA and lost the title on Heroes Inmortales before people knew he was going, and decided not to.

:laffo: Christ

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

quote:

CMLL (FRI) 11/06/2015 Arena México
1) Astral & Eléctrico vs Demus 3:16 & Mercurio
2) Esfinge, Fuego, The Panther vs Puma, Súper Comando, Tiger
3) Marcela, Silueta, Syuri vs Dalys, Tiffany, Zeuxis
4) Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero vs Boby Z, Dragón Rojo Jr., Thunder
5) Diamante Azul, Mistico, Super Parka vs Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas
6) La Sombra & Volador Jr. vs La Máscara & Rush

Fist pounds mean nothing :(

Chris James 2 posted:

AAA's scheduled card for today postponed because they were pretty adamant about Del Rio working and WWE wouldn't let him

This has been a horrible year for AAA, but they should have went on with the show without Del Rio.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

of course there had to be some weird Hijo relation with all of this.

Everyone is going after poor AAA.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

AAA got 2 new people tonight, everything's fine friends

Psicosis and Chris Masters

Ah, cant wait for the Nicho El Millonario vs Rey Misterio Jr. matches :(

E: Damnit this means Juventud might be returning at some point

Wiccan Wasteland fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Nov 18, 2015

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Thauros posted:

so this is on at 9:30 EST at http://www.clarosports.com/en-vivo02/

CUrious to see Caristico for the first time since jump

Is Caristico heel or are they doing one of those weird face/heel vs face/heel match ups again?

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Goddamn Thunder is the laziest piece of poo poo I've seen in a long time. I cant wait for the Thunder/Rush match :allears:

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Thauros posted:

This was just retweeted by thecubsfan so it's apparently credible:

http://prowrestlingsheet.com/rey-mysterio-aaa-disappearance-due-to-money-owed/

More signs of instablity and money issues from the recent Observer:

quote:

In a possibly related development, Konnan announced on Twitter last night that he’d soon have a press conference, teasing AAA revelations. It’s an easy guess that Konnan’s about just as upset about Rey not getting paid as Rey is, though it’s not clear if it’s about that or something else.

Sexy Star ended up deleting her Twitter message saying she was giving up the AAA Mixed Tag Titles. No idea if that means she’s going thru with the program.

Just read this for the Sexy Star situation. http://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/2016/02/05/sexy-star-gives-up-her-title-raijin-fujin-debut-in-loss-cmll-on-claro-tonight/

AAA is a loving poo poo show right now.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

cubsfan posted:

MDA ELITE (SUN) 02/21/2016 Arena Coliseo Monterrey [Estrellsa del Ring]
1) Mini Hator b Mini Difunto
2) Chocolata & Dulce Kanela b Erika Sotelo & Larry Miranda
3) Gallardo & Golden Boy b Gato Fantasma & Último Sombra
4) Epydemius, Galactar, Último Ninja b Ninja Jr., Obsesión, Quinto Elemento
5) Carístico & Mistico II DQ Cibernético & Sharlie Rockstar
Rudos unmasked the tecnicos for the DQ
6) Máscara Sagrada, Octagón, Rayo de Jalisco Jr. b Cien Caras, Máscara Año 2000, Universo 2000

Not a sell out, but a good turnout for the show. They announced they’d be back on 03/20 with Canek versus Mil Mascaras. Presumably that’s actually at trios match with the guys from this semimain or anything but a singles match.

DylanZero has an excellent post that's linked on luchablog that's a great primer for getting into CMLL.

DylanZero posted:

Rush
Major Apuestas Wins: vs. El Terrible, vs. Shocker, vs. Negro Casas
Current Titles: None
Family on CMLL Roster: Older Brother of Místico & Dragon Lee, Son of Comandante Pierroth
Group Affiliation: Los Ingobernables (With La Máscara & Tetsuya Naito)
Theme Song: "Whatever" - Our Lady Peace
Zero's thoughts: His brawling style is among the most vicious to come along in years, his promos are legendary, and his unabashed love of being the most hated man in wrestling anywhere is a delight to watch this day and age. And to think, his original push saw him as a heartthrob type, but after his brother became Místico II, the heat transferred to Rush and Rush totally ran with it, becoming a million times better as a Rudo. He owns EVERYBODY on the mic, regardless of star status, even once railing against his own dad and threatening harm on him, as well as making fun of his current rivals Carístico (Who he's hilariously decreed as Mil Nombres or Thousand Names) & Cibernetico (or RoboCop in Rush speak) the guy's awesome and one of the best brawlers in the world today. My truly favorite all around wrestler. The only thing potentially holding him back is his rap sheet, getting suspended twice last year due to physical altercations including a full on arrest. He's CMLL's golden goose, and if there was anyone ready to take Atlantis' mask, it's him.

Marco Corleone :smith:

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Cant wait until Villano IV wins Rey de Reyes. :barf:

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Yeah, Villano V Jr, Kortiz, Kaving, Villano III Jr, Hijo De Villano III, etc ect The Mendoza family has a ton of luchas in it.

One would think that they would continue with Villano #Number Here instead of Villano III Jr or Hijo De Villano III. Just make it seem like there's a never ending number of Villanos out there. Also, a true Phantom gimmick with the Villanos would be cool too but we already have El Hijo del Fantasma wearing that mask.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

Yeah when I read that report that didn't name names, I was thinking it might be Fantasma/Cuerno. With Konnan getting ousted and the focus on "legends" there he's not in a great spot, and while he's been positioned as a threat in LU, he's never really had a title shot type run. And I remember reading an interview somewhere where he learned English in part because he always wanted to break out somewhere other than Mexico.

How has he not been booked on the US Indy scene along with Pentagon Jr. and Fenix? Is it due to his mask being copyrighted by the Phantom comic?

Also, god drat ref shenanigans ruined the Pentagón Jr. vs Hijo del Fantasma, Fénix, Octagón Jr. match.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

thecubsfan posted:

Elite on Azteca possibly mean another talent raid too. Elite’s been using the TV chance as a carrot to get luchadors to jump, and some of those people were as skeptical as I’ve been about it actually happen. People may be more willing to take a jump now that this is a real thing. I haven’t heard anything about how the Elite shows have done this week, but this could be a pretty pivotal week for them if they can prove they can draw on the road too.

(As another ripple effect – whatever’s going on with Konnan, Elite getting Azteca means any other group is probably shut out.)

http://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/2016/03/17/lucha-libre-elite-gets-the-spot-on-azteca7-is-a-real-major-league-group-now/

RIP AAA?

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

All of this is depressing. The stuff they're doing makes them seem worse than TNA. Pentagon Jr. is going to get squashed in the Rey de Reyes finals isnt he? :ohdear:

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

oatgan posted:

blue demon jr did not show up for this btw

-edit-

petagon jr winz

:laffo: At the Blue Demon no show

Also, gently caress YEAH PENTAGON!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwfHozv8mrc

:stare:

Wiccan Wasteland fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Mar 24, 2016

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

oatgan posted:

THUNDER IS BACK

Thank god. I'm still mad at them for not asking "Where's Thunder" on every show.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
:laffo: AAA is hilarious with the Octagon/Octagon Jr. feud(Octagon is a dick), Mesias/Brian Cage being Trump supporters, and Nicho being back.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
It's probably the same guys running around as Hijo De Rey Mysterio or Rey Mysterio II.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I think he was Hijo de Rey Misterio II.. lol at all these random Mysterios that are running around... also.

http://www.luchaworld.com/?p=65260

L.A. Park calls out Octagon and Hijo del Santo is still trash (Santo also tries to drag Tinieblas Jr. into this mess). This Octagon stuff is the best thing going in wrestling right now.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Yikes, Ciudad Juárez. Botch machine Magno vs Scotty 2 Hotty.. this should go well.

Chris James 2 posted:

http://www.espn.com.mx/otros-deportes/nota/_/id/2647446/nace-dinastia-de-los-ocho-angulos-con-el-legitimo-hijo-de-octagon El Hijo de Octagon, Octagon's Octagon Jr, debuting in Elite soon per ESPN

I cannot believe that is a legitimate thing I just typed. This is the wackiest lucha week

thecubsfan posted:

http://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/2016/04/15/cmll-torneo-increible-de-parejas-begins-tonight/
Hijo del Octagon is not the son of Octagon, as Octagon claimed at the press conference he held on Wednesday. He’s a Mexico City indie luchador. I do know the name, but I don’t see the point in announcing it. He’s not a big name, but some people might recognize him – and a lot of people seemed to, since the name started to come out yesterday and is around social media today. This is not a big surprise to anyone. It will be a big surprise if it’s mentioned outside of lucha circles.

This Octagon stuff is a gift that keeps on giving..

Wiccan Wasteland fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Apr 15, 2016

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

No Luck Needed posted:

anyone got some links to Bobby Lashley Mexico matches?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-2iWpboVQU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFRIunrrXY4

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Rest of the World: Mil Muertes

So, they're just going to pretend that he's not Mesias.. this seems dumb.

US (LU): Brian Cage, Johnny Mundo, Chavo Guerrero Jr

I hope they're basically Team Trump :laffo:

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

cubsfan posted:

Satanico’s post about Thunder from yesterday was dire (“help us believe in miracles”), and he’s not the only person who seems concerned. Australian wrestling in Japan Ryukyu Dog Dingo was posting about it last night on Twitter, which also finally ‘solved’ the mystery of who Thunder was before he came to Mexico; he’d always said he wrestled before, but we couldn’t ever pin a name down and there was thought he might not have. In fact, Thunder wrestled in Australia’s AWF and Japan’s Okinawa Pro as “Taipan”. (There was an Australian Gladiator using that name too, but I don’t think the ages matchup.)

Using that information and doing some more searching, I’ve found out Thunder is battling cancer. I do not know what kind, but people are reacting as if it’s a very serious situation and it’s not going well. It’s a pretty stunning news to wander into, but it begins to explain his most recent/sudden disappearance (and perhaps even some of the prior ones), and CMLL’s reluctance to talk about it. I hope Thunder gets the miracle he needs.

Get well soon Thunder :smith:

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Rush owns
LA Park owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlNv6BcFuTY

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

The new Observer had an interesting note related to AAA talent signed to LU deals.

Yikes. Why would LU do that to their stars? When did their management get this bad?

Also, in LA Park and Rush news

quote:

Leo Riano’s column in Record says LA Park & Rush were suspended for three weeks following their performance in their super libre match on the Elite show. It wasn’t for the violence, but specifically for the blood since a sponsor frowns on that. (Edgar’s freakout did happen after it was clear Rush was bleeding.) Riano notes the suspension is dumb and I agree. Rush did appear on the Leyenda de Plata show two weeks ago, so CMLL suspensions must be odd. A three week suspension would mean they’d both be free to appear starting with next week’s Elite show.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Thauros posted:

Yeah, CMLL's Anniverary is not being streamed live in most of the world although you can purchase it for on demand the next morning. Card doesn't look as impressive as the last few years but several of the matches should be worth catching. There's a good chance NJPW World will be streaming it if you can find a Japanese proxy.

Why isnt the Main Event Atlantis vs La Mascara Mask v Mask? Also is Rush suspended for this event?

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Thauros posted:

Relations between Elite and CMLL may be continuing to distentegrate

Has cubsfan or anyone else did a write up on what's happening between CMLL and Elite?

I think Rush could be a huge star in the WWE. I think he fits in the better than La Sombra.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

A son, yes. I think he's had multiple but only one's taking up wrestling (at least currently)

How upset is Hijo Del Santo about this?

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

KatWithHands posted:

The idea that they made it look like he was no-showing, then Dorian was chatting up his talents at the PaleyFest panel like a week later is pretty goddamned gross. The fact that he kept mum about it instead of immediately making GBS threads on AAA for not sending the tickets and making him look bad is some amazing character on his part. Makes me feel even worse for the wrestlers still in the promotion who aren't confident they'd be better off independent/don't know enough english to be secure working international gigs.

Has Pentagon hinted at leaving AAA as well? I know it would be tougher for him to leave since AAA holds copyright over the Pentagon character. I also feel really bad for Hijo de Fantasma because he's been trying to get away from AAA since Konnan was ousted (maybe earlier).

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
At this point I really want AAA to die, but CMLL has also pulled this type of poo poo too. Mexico is a strange place...

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Good for him. Will AAA try to gently caress him over like they did Fenix and try to trademark his new name?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

The poo poo they bust out in this match is mind blowing, especially for Park since he's the size of LA.

Is it basically a brawl with some lucha spots mixed in? I loved Parks "match" with Rush.