Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

StarkRavingMad posted:

That should be a fun card. It's hard to picture Cage bald.

Though it should be fun if/when LU returns for a second season and he's being introduced as "They call him Baaaaald".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Don't really understand Spanish but it is still pretty clear how much the author liked Ultima Lucha and how great of a job it did at bringing Lucha Libre to a wider audience.

But hey, at least they didn't compare Triplemania to Heroes of Wrestling.

Also, as someone who hadn't watched Triplemania and didn't really look for any videos from it, after seeing the gifs from Senior Lariato I'm glad to see that Sinteyzzyzz is as awful a botchmachine as ever.

Germansimp fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Aug 12, 2015

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

North American talent has been flying to wXw for years now and I can't think of a single issue I've ever heard about regarding anyone working over there. In fact, I don't think I've ever heard less than stellar reviews from guys who went on tours over there.

wXw has brought in guys from pretty much all over the world, including legends like Misawa, Kobashi, Akiyama, Skayde, Suzuki, and essentially every major name that meant anything on the US Indies over the past 15 years, not to mention having some of the best Junior tournaments during that time, and there rarely ever were any complaints.

And now they are suddenly all bad? Strongly doubt that. Anyway, here is what wXw had to say:
http://www.wxw-wrestling.com/pages/posts/alberto-el-patron-haelt-vereinbarte-matches-am-wochenende-nicht-ein-2419.php

quote:

AEP doesn't partake to agreed upon matches on the weekend.

With great regrets we at wXw and SWE have to inform you that AEP will not perceive his bookings in Europe.

We fixed these days in December 2014 after his annulation for Superstars of Wrestling and booked flights with a specific airlines from a specific city in Economy Plus. Management is in possession of respective screenshots.

On Saturday Alberto's manager wrote and 6 days away from the event in Switzerland demanded a Business Class seat from a small Mexican state - Price for this flight as of this point is around $7,000.

Of course we referred to our preexisting agreement and offered to cancel the flight, pay the cancellation fee to ADR and let him or his management book a flight using his frequent flyer miles. His manger rejected the offer and decided that AEP as well as El Hijo de Dos Caras would not partake their bookings in Bern on 16.10 and in Mannheim on 17.10. despite existance of the agreed flights.

Although this is outside of our control, we would like to apologize to all you wrestling fans - a collaboration with this wrestler and this management is ruled out for us in the future.
$7,000 sounds about normal for Business Class 6 days out on a transatlantic flight, but it's still a large sum for a wrestling fed, especialls if the previously agreed upon economy flight was probably below $1,000.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

oatgan posted:

heavyweight champion Maximo Sexy

Sounds like Kevin Nash's non-union Mexican equivalent.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Spermgod posted:

Seems unlikely he's leaving if he just signed with LU

He doesn't have to have a AAA contract to work LU, does he? Ricochet is certainly LU-only.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Bard Maddox posted:

what is Caristico looking at in that picture

Probably a recap of Hunico working a match with an injured shoulder, hence the look of shock in his eyes that someone wouldn't just call off a match the second his pinkie is hurt.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

Is he actually back to being called Mistico now?? :psyduck:

So let's see. Mistico > Sin Cara > Sin Cara Azul > Myzteziz > Caristico > Mistico

No, lovely Cara is still Caristico. CMLL's Mistico is a different Mistico. Their Mistico is Rush's brother, used to be known as Dragon Lee (not to be confused with the current Dragon Lee who is actually Mistico's and Rush's brother as well, who used to wrestle as Drago (not to be confused with current LU Drago)).

In short: Lucha seemingly has way too few gimmick names for way too many guys.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Fixed that for you.

You're talking about a company that still lets Mr. Niebla wrestle while completely inebriated.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Great White Hope posted:

Literally cannot be worse than last time.

Unless, his commentary partner is Matt Striker. A commentary team of Striker and Matthews...

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

The Triplemania card looks pretty awesome. That said, the spacing between names on that poster is weird in places, and after rereading the card I'm sad that there is no wrestler (or actual serpent) called 'Australian Suicide Mamba'.

Also, didn't Hernandez burn his bridges with AAA, or was that solely with Lucha Underground.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Can't wait for those guys to fight for the NEVER Trios title at NJPW's next Dominion show.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

At this point he should just change his name to Xinef.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

coconono posted:

WCW didn't count.

Aka the 'Rey Mysterio Clause'.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Ishin posted:

Wait, I thought Fenix was booked for CMLL

According to an interview "Rey Fenix" is booked for CMLL, while "Fenix" is still AAA/Lucha Underground.

Different gimmicks or not, working CMLL and AAA at the same time doesn't exactly sound like something that'll work out too long.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

As long as they have a partnership, the answer is obviously CMLL. Him vs Ospreay, Ibushi or a returning Hiromu? Hell yeah.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

Are we talking about the same goober who was awful in CHIKARA

Different one. Escorpion Egipcio is a US-born wrestler who was in CHIKARA and is now in AAA as Rey Escorpion alongside the dog collar Rey Escorpion, who used to be Escorpion Negro and is Mexican-born.

They both wrestle under the same name now, because why bother, if CMLL can have have multilple Misticos, Caristicos and Myzzetzzizzezz or whatever, surely AAA can also have a confusing roster with limited names.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Doubt AEW would risk their still new working relationship with AAA by giving a job to someone who just quit AAA.

Also, isn't he still on a separate contract with Lucha Underground that prevents him from working US shows anyway?

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

I mean, we have seen how OC moves in the ring, so it figures him counting money and distributing it to the wrestlers is gonna be just a tad bit slooower.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

He probably got sick of carrying that thing to all his CMLL appearances in case CMLL could actually be bothered to have him defend that title. What's it been, like a handful of title defenses in over 3 years or so? Useless title.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Oh god, another title for the folks in CMLL to defend 1-2 times over the span of 7 months and then be completely forgotten about.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Pinche Rudo posted:

People are pulling out of Federación's show left and right. Looks like it's going to get cancelled

https://twitter.com/RobViper/status/1404576688336420864?s=19

Looks like it's cancelled now:
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1404645196994957317

I'm sorry, I mean "rescheduled".

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

That match sounds awesome, but what I'm also seeing, a Canek singles match? Is that the same near-70 Canek that could barely move in that terrible CMLL match B&V reviewed like a decade ago, or is there someone young and talented re-using that name?

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Right, the mask loser tournament, had already forgotten about that, and despite the ages in some of the others, none even stood out that much to me aside from the Canek match. At least it's not a single-show tournament, imagining a finale between Canek and Rayo de Jalisco Jr with those guys having to work 3 matches in one day each.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Can always have Arez and Tormenta attack Sammy and Tay early and temporarily eliminate them from the match, spend most of the time on the outside, and then have Tay come in and steal a pin on a fallen Tormenta, like the cowardly heels they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

There are still 6 'surprise luchadors' left, still plenty of space to bring in more sexual predators.