Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I just got into Lucha less than a week ago but so far I've watched all of LU, the other night's Triplemania, and I've been looking stuff up on YouTube. I'm still really new to all of it but I really like 1)the aesthetic of all of it 2)exoticos because oh my god Pimpinela Escarlata 3)really old dudes in masks doing big lovely chops and strutting around like they have two hip replacements

Anyway Pentagon Jr is the poo poo and EHDF/King Cuerno is my jam and I need a haircut so I can start wearing masks around the house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Yeah I subbed to him a couple days ago and I've sorted his vids by viewcount and have been going through them picking and choosing, watching a lot of mask/hair matches and trios stuff.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

One of the Villanos literally had a stroke days before the match. Makes you* think about how all life is finite, tbh.

*Me when I'm in bed and already can't sleep

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

In that Mistico story, Dave casually refers to Rush as CMLL's biggest star. Is that accurate - he's bigger than Sombra or Atlantis?

Ever since I started watching, Sombra's seemed like the top dog to me, with Rush as his buddy and #2.

the other day big dave tweeted that Rush was the best heel in the world currently

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/652684391634722816

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Los Hijos Gemelos del Octagon

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Yes, Chris, I agree with you that lucha is the best thing in all of wrestling

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I would do it because I like the product and I'm not afraid of the cartel because I smoke a ton of weed

Also they could probably pay me in merch

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Not even real merch, just gift certificates to the hundred bootleggers outside the arena

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Considering everything that's happened since, Big Dave saying Perro's death was worse for AAA than Cena's death would be for WWE was pretty g.d. clairvoyant

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

MassRafTer posted:

WWE would make so much money off John Cena's death. I wish we could see how without Cena actually dying.

You're not wrong on both counts

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

If anyone's seen any of the old Santo/Demon/Mil luchadores in masks and suits fighting supernatural things or being private detective movies(they have at least a half dozen DVDs on Amazon) and have some kind of ranking let me know

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Poster is fake there's no ninja turtles or minions

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I'm paying $23 to once again find out there's no thigh-slapping here, folks

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

exploding mummy posted:

I still have Triplemania XXXII saved to my DVR and I watch it every once in a while

yeah I'm annoyed the B&V review of it got taken down from Youtube

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I'm purchased. Hope the player works come showtime

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Any day now, AAA

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I'm in, had to pick Stream Options, then the American Flag option that came up

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Daga going full Bad News Brown

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

After the 90-year-old legends who refuse to sell anything, the best thing about lucha libre is the lovely heel refs

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I asked Hijo del Fantasma for two Arrows From the Depths of Hell but he could only promise one

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Great entrance, agreed

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Triple-man-yah

-Matt Striker

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Not trying to be problematic but CMLL ramp gals > AAA ramp gals

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

StarkRavingMad posted:

That's Drago's normal weird rolling pinning combo thing, but it never looks that special compared to all the other crazy poo poo people do

Then again, Drago is over 40, so he does pretty well with what he's got

The AAA ramp girls are usually pretty good, maybe these are the low card ones

I'm not saying every woman on this show isn't gorgeous it's just that weird pseudo-Nitro Girls thing that CMLL has going on is my jam

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

oatgan posted:

pagano is one of the biggest names in lucha indies and comes with an extremely rabid and dedicated fanbase despite mostly being trash

ah so Mexizandig then, got it thx

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

VileLL posted:

so is marty or azteca taking the pin

Gyno tits

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Mob posted:

Gyno tits

got eeeeeeeeeem

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

oatgan posted:

this is such a nothing show

the lack of hiccups and such makes me not regret the $23 spent

Clown vs Pagano better be a goddamn trainwreck on the Villano six-man scale though

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I've gotten retweeted by both Cuerno and Taya within 4 minutes of their match ending and no stream hiccups so this show gets five stars from me

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Striker and Hugo have been EXTREMELY TOLERABLE this show, folks. Really enjoying myself. Also I bought two new glass pipes at the flea market this weekend, hit me up on Twitter DM if you want pics

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

That main event was nowhere near minus five stars

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

StarkRavingMad posted:

Clown versus Wagner mask v mask is kind of crazy

Everyone on Twitter likened him to Ambrose when I asked

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

That show was nowhere near the clusterfuck of last year and I'm very happy with my $23 purchase

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

oatgan posted:

5700 people were watching Dragon Lee vs La Mascara on some dude's facebook stream but CMLL would not offer an iPPV this year

This makes me angry because I want to use my disposable income to watch lucha

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

yaysis fackin christos

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

El Estrago Bonito posted:

He's probably smart breaking ties with LU at this point unfortunately. Him and Angelico could probably do a solid run in NXT or either one of them would be a shoo in for the next CWC.

I hope they're saving their money because the Wellness Policy's pot tax will eat through an NXT salary pretty quickly

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I'm late to this holiday show but man it's entertaining on lots of levels

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

The AAA shadow government is preventing El Hijo del Fantasma from working USA indie shows near me imo

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Is there a card for tonight? I miss those big bright promo ads that used to be posted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Thanks for the responses!

I'm fine with the later start time since I have to catch up on this week's LU and stuff anyways.