Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

names are usually owned by the company. That's why Caristico went through like half a dozen name changes(also to gently caress with AAA's trademarking office).

The masks are unique to the wrestler but sometimes you'll get weird stuff like LA Park and La Parka(RIP) because the wrestling companies will try to leverage the name trademark as a whole IP trademark. And mexico doesn't really enforce that kind of thing. Then it gets even more confusing when kids and relatives will also don similar masks.

And sometimes post losing an apuesta, they'll wear the mask as part of their walkout gear and take it off. Sometimes they won't bother to take it off because the match starts hot or they're feeling self conscious. No one checks on the luchador. They should make sure he has enough to eat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lucha Blog was saying something like 5% capacity, IDK if they'll honor that or what. Mexico gon Mexico.

I looked at Ticketmaster and they don't have seats up for the Copa Dinastia but they have tickets up for the Viernes Espactacular after that. It looks like they're doing extremely limited seating and far back from the ring.

coconono fucked around with this message at 04:03 on May 28, 2021

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

They should book Lluvia more

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lamuella posted:

Hope this show headlined by a man awaiting trial for kidnapping and rape charges continues to draw bomb-scare attendance numbers. https://twitter.com/WrestleTix/status/1414329064328990727?s=19

shoutout to the perverts that bought up all the nosebleed seats.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MorningMoon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PMIxfa06So
Finally here for us sick freaks. Footage of Kenny Omega demanding Tirantes.

if AAA really needed their belt back(they dont) it'd make sense for Tirantes to ref. Senior would have absolutely hosed Kenny even if there was a planned finish. El Hijo is a little more friendly but has been known to invoke the chaos option.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Oil! posted:

This match never should have occurred:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXwU91W00Jw&hd=1

Yeah who the gently caress let Brandon Kirk wrestle Psycho Clown?

That’s like Jorge Masvidal showing up for a McDojo smoker.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

So the roster really is just dads and cat fighters now.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Oil! posted:

Where does Blue Panther fit in this dichotomy?

A lucha cat dad fighter. Similar to a foo fighter but but with better music.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

NGD in AAA is hype.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

And I haven’t heard of La Boom having a bunch of no shows or whatever.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

so $20 for the english speaking world's most loathed commentator and 4 matches, one of which featuring Jay Lethal. And the Marvel match isn't gonna be shown.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

duckdealer posted:

I'm seeing the Spanish commentary as an option on fite.

Hugo will talk a little bit in English too but all you really need are his emotes.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Brett knows that's $10k cash, right? Not brother brother the houses are down brother $10k.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

well he better have the fuckin money ready cuz both Psycho and Wagner got shooters in their retinues.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah I'm really confused how this works out in a non-round robin setup.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oooo so you gotta win to escape the tournament.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

is that Rockstar Charly

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

https://twitter.com/D_Wrestlingifs/status/1570933097386115079

https://twitter.com/D_Wrestlingifs/status/1570938980073615360

The co-mains were absolutely worth $10 alone. That was a good CMLL that Ames me wish they’d run the Puebla cards live on youtube again

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

that better be a the gringo Slade or someone doing a Sade gimmick.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Probably a mix of the current management determined to saw its own leg off after shooting itself in the foot and money.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

They had a good ppv show but the last few Tuesdays have been solid affairs at best.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Is ultimo Guerrero still running their locker room protection racket?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Also if you’re a real pervert, Mas Lucha YouTube covers a lot of Mexican indies including IWRG and Bandido’s company.

IWTV also has a limited but impactful Lucha selection with zona23(death matches in a junkyard), Guanatos Hardcore Crew(Lucha extrema) and GALLI lucha(Chicago style lucha)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Zona23 gave us Sadika. And I think Gringo Loco did some stuff there.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jack Evans! A mini in a sackcloth! A guitar solo and erotic dance intro!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUg2sdop7hE

coconono fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Feb 11, 2023

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

fair enough, its still a good rear end match. lots of mayhem and big spots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

its the mushroom that makes it.