Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
I'd like to see some of these more "traditional" indies. Do you mean more of the dramatic matwork, or more just "an immobile fat guy gets cheered to put someone in an armbar"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Yuriy posted:

From what I've seen on Lucha Tube in wooo, the latter

Speaking of, I know a lot of people here watch wooo from time to time but if you don't:

See this?

Every Wednesday, they have a 4 hour block of that week's CMLL and AAA, plus a bunch of those aforementioned Lucha indie

So if you want like a "weekly watch", 4-8 ET on Wednesday at taima.tv/r/wooo plus it goes right into the live airing of Lucha Underground!

loving nice

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Spermgod posted:

Come to think of it I wonder if anyone other than Norman Smiley worked for both lucha libre and shoot style promotions.

Kane and Big Van Vader :v:

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Bigass Moth posted:

Like on a newly found tape from 1992. Or live in ring right now this year.

You'll hear no argument from me either way, friend.

For a more serious answer, I've been digging around my (limited) resources and mostly there's a lot of lucharesu crossover, which would make Shoichi Funaki the obvious answer. Hamada did some work in Battlarts but it was a handful of guest appearances, largely.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
I'm the guy going neck-deep in a torta when the camera zooms in on me

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Spermgod posted:

That minis match was super fun. Shockercito and Demus have great chemistry.

Yeah they were amazing together. Not as amazing as the crowd cam, but, hey. And Ultimo Dragoncito is rad, hot drat.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Spermgod posted:

Three for three in good matches tonight

Yeah, hope this show gets uploaded because it's good as hell so far

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Spermgod posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=177
Thunder replaced in this match! I don't want to jinx it but this show may be blessed.

yeah I'm starting to get nervous.

And also I take it that Thunder never managed to move like he belonged anywhere near a lucha ring.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
LAME but at least it was an entertaining gently caress finish

even if most of my entertainment was "why are they taking off his pants"

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Spermgod posted:

I can understand not wanting to give that match away, but they could've given us a little more than that. Reminds me of RAW in the 90s when they'd claim they were going to give you PPV main event for free and it would go 30 seconds before a run in DQ. At least it was still a really good show overall.

yeah I mean this was really drat good overall and even the lovely gently caress finish on the main was well done as far as "lovely gently caress finishes" go. I love that the entire first fall goes by without the entrance gear having a chance to come off.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
oh yeah how was the ALL-MYSTERY SHOW anyways? I kind of have no reason or desire to ever pay AAA directly again.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

oh, this is DEFINITELY going to be good

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Spermgod posted:

They had a match either this year or last that I couldn't really get into, but I'm not a huge fan of the super exhibition-y maestros stuff that some people really dig

hopefully it owns, at least, because both of them have had matches this year I found incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

oatgan posted:

So they announced that if the show sells out theyd upload it to youtube and holy hell what a card

Casas/Cerebro?
Dandy and Terry vs Traumas?
Dumb mindless bullshit opening tag match?

please go to this show, Mexico

My heart just skipped a beat. This has to go up, somewhere, somehow