Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chef Shimi

I love to fish and fish are really cool. you can talk about fishing, your favorite fish, hated fish, or post pics of fish in this thread if you want. you can talk about eating fish too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Shimi

Leeches are the most fun livebait

fuck. marry. t-rex

i swam in a lake with leeches once and i hate them now and I will never touch them

i used to surf-cast but I dont get to the ocean anymore its far away now

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
leeches are ppl too so are fish

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Chef Shimi

fish can breathe underwater

City of Glompton

some fish taste good (ocean fish) and some fish taste bad (freshwater fish)

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Chef Shimi

a group of fish is called a school but there aren't any teachers. just one of the many things I envy.

Chef Shimi

I only ever freshwater fish but I don't like to eat them.

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

Chef Shimi posted:

a group of fish is called a school but there aren't any teachers. just one of the many things I envy.

----------------

fuck. marry. t-rex

People respect fishers. It's a noble and ancient profession, and feeds many a family. Most people prefer to fish outdoors. You can also fish on the internet, but it's a lot less respected, and a lot more complicated.

Chef Shimi

deep sea fish are really scary but also cool

this is a dragonfish

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
behold the angler fish!

the little one in the red circle is in fact the male.

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
I got this cool little thing at a marine biology festival they hold in Lewes, DE every October back a couple years ago.

The horseshoe crab is not a crab, but it's still a fish in that it lives in the ocean and can't live on land for long. It's more closely related to scorpions than anything else. We had issues many many years ago where hundreds, if not thousands, would wash up every year along the Delmarva coastline and die off. It was pretty sad, and I spent many a youthful days flipping them over and carrying them back to the water. They look like bugs when you flip them over. Don't eat them; they are inedible.

Not 100% accurate! They have sharp ridges on their shell as a protective measure, and I saw a kid split his foot open on one when he wasn't watching where he was stepping. They mate in huge clusters, and it's fascinating to watch them kinda move around the shallow water. Like most aquatic life, they live in the most shallow parts of the photic zone.

----------------

vermeul

Free Acid
I met a fish once and it gave me crabs

alnilam

deep sea fish are crazy as heck

Machai

I love to fist and fisting is really cool. you can talk about fisting, your favorite fisting stars, hated fisting stars, or post pics of fisting in this thread if you want. you can talk about eating out too.

the unabonger
one time i caught a baby octopus.

Chef Shimi

Qwerinty posted:

I got this cool little thing at a marine biology festival they hold in Lewes, DE every October back a couple years ago.

The horseshoe crab is not a crab, but it's still a fish in that it lives in the ocean and can't live on land for long. It's more closely related to scorpions than anything else. We had issues many many years ago where hundreds, if not thousands, would wash up every year along the Delmarva coastline and die off. It was pretty sad, and I spent many a youthful days flipping them over and carrying them back to the water. They look like bugs when you flip them over. Don't eat them; they are inedible.

Not 100% accurate! They have sharp ridges on their shell as a protective measure, and I saw a kid split his foot open on one when he wasn't watching where he was stepping. They mate in huge clusters, and it's fascinating to watch them kinda move around the shallow water. Like most aquatic life, they live in the most shallow parts of the photic zone.

very cool.

i flunked out posted:

one time i caught a baby octopus.

!!!

the unabonger
well i didnt catch him so much as it was chilling on the line eating my bait

Chef Shimi

this is one of the oldest fish ever found. a lot of people have probably seen this video but i think its really unnerving and cool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mneDhOtVEQw

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

Chef Shimi posted:

this is one of the oldest fish ever found. a lot of people have probably seen this video but i think its really unnerving and cool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mneDhOtVEQw

Whoa, holy poo poo, that is incredibly cool. I've never seen a fish with that kind of gill before; it seemed like the gills were huge and bulging out. Those teeth remind me of burs, in a way, and I haven't seen that before. I'm sad the shark died, but that is an incredibly cool find.

I hope someday someone can capture a live specimen of the magnapinna squid, as no living, intact adult has ever been recovered.

----------------

Chef Shimi

it even looks and acts like an old thing.. video stops just moments before the fish called weed reefer

alnilam

fishies

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

Chef Shimi posted:

it even looks and acts like an old thing.. video stops just moments before the fish called weed reefer

you can tel it's old because it's a shark, but also an eel???? This was before god figured out that E wanted things to be in different catagories

----------------

Machai

Chef Shimi posted:

this is one of the oldest fish ever found.

how do they know how old it is? did they cut it open and count the rings?

alnilam

when my great gramma died she turned out to have been lying about her age by a year ever since her twenties, maybe this fish did the same thing

Pizzatime

I like to fish in puddles, makes me feel surreal

a cloth map

No thanks. I'm a Government man.
I went fishing yesterday but the only thing I caught was a sunburn!

Machai

a cloth map posted:

I went fisting yesterday but the only thing I got was a rugburn!

Piso Mojado

fishing is totally rad. I mostly fish for crappie to eat, but I like getting on the ohio/Missouri/mississippi rivers and angling some big ol catfish when I can. my favorite fish I've ever "caught" was a Bowfin in the ohio river. they are like living dinosaurs and hard to catch by any traditional manner. luckily I had the assistance of an EPA permit allowing me to pump a bunch of dc voltage in the water hehe.

Machai

Piso Mojado posted:

fisting is totally rad. I mostly fish for crappie to eat,

woah, dude, I usually stick to the other hole. this is some hardcore poo poo, pardon the pun

Chef Shimi

Piso Mojado posted:

fishing is totally rad. I mostly fish for crappie to eat, but I like getting on the ohio/Missouri/mississippi rivers and angling some big ol catfish when I can. my favorite fish I've ever "caught" was a Bowfin in the ohio river. they are like living dinosaurs and hard to catch by any traditional manner. luckily I had the assistance of an EPA permit allowing me to pump a bunch of dc voltage in the water hehe.

I love crappie. We don't catch as many as we used to up in Wisconsin but theyre a really pretty fish. Crappie and walleye are the only freshwater fish i'll really eat.

Piso Mojado

Chef Shimi posted:

I love crappie. We don't catch as many as we used to up in Wisconsin but theyre a really pretty fish. Crappie and walleye are the only freshwater fish i'll really eat.

I've done some walleye fishing in Wisconsin. that is some good eats and a lot of fun to fish!

alnilam

lol is crappie a real fish name

a cloth map

I just recently got back into bass fishing. I used to be pretty good but I've lost all skill at it. Trying to get my fiancee into but she's mostly just a spectator.

Machai

a cloth map posted:

I just recently got back into rear end fisting. I used to be pretty good but I've lost all skill at it. Trying to get my fiancee into but she's mostly just a spectator.

you are making this too easy

Chef Shimi

alnilam posted:

Ya its pronounced croppie. Lots of good laughs to be had though. Sometimes when I've knocked back a few I'll get a piece of paper and write "crappie" on it and show it to people.

Piso Mojado

alnilam posted:

verily carefree

so crappie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cloth map

Chef Shimi posted:

Ya its pronounced croppie. Lots of good laughs to be had though. Sometimes when I've knocked back a few I'll get a piece of paper and write "crappie" on it and show it to people.

We pronounce it like it's spelled where I live.

• Locked thread