Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Steve takes it, 2-0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Confirmed 2/0, GGs. Goblin Rabblemaster is a silly card.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

So I was just looking through my list and noticed I have a few illegal cards from my previous build of this deck before I changed sets. I didn't draw any of them game 1 (nor would I have cast them if I had) and I sided them out/didn't side them in for game 2. Are we doing decklists for this? If so I'll just post what cards they were so we can confirm that I didn't play them. Should I just replace them with cards that are actually legal?

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Yeah I ran into a similar issue wherein I had 2 dismember I couldn't run that I replaced with cabal therapy #4 and naturalize #2 before playing with Steve.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

suicidesteve posted:

So I was just looking through my list and noticed I have a few illegal cards from my previous build of this deck before I changed sets. I didn't draw any of them game 1 (nor would I have cast them if I had) and I sided them out/didn't side them in for game 2. Are we doing decklists for this? If so I'll just post what cards they were so we can confirm that I didn't play them. Should I just replace them with cards that are actually legal?

Yeah just change it to a legal decklist

I'm running this fast and loose partly out of :effort: but also spirit of the law / letter of the law / kami of ancient law etc.

Okay so new pairings, let's try to get this done by 6/22 2359 pacific etc but I mean lol scheduling:

http://challonge.com/7cnssuoz

Sigma-X vs Wildfire
Zoness vs IBMS
Lker vs instantrunoffvote
Mince Pieface vs Elyv
Wezlar vs suicidesteve

The bye goes to Defeatist Elitist

Also challonge does weird things w/ 11 person swiss TIL because by conventional breakers this is really bizarre

Zoness fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jun 15, 2015

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Sigma-X posted:

Yeah I ran into a similar issue wherein I had 2 dismember I couldn't run that I replaced with cabal therapy #4 and naturalize #2 before playing with Steve.

Yeah, I feel like even if I'd drawn one of my Duresses game 1 I wouldn't have cast it into your 0 card hand. There were also Golgari Charms which I didn't bring in and Dragonskull Summits that I do remember playing one of but as like my 6th land with perfect mana already. They'll be Lightning Strikes, Bit Blast/Stain the Mind, and other lands.

Zoness posted:

Wezlar vs suicidesteve

When are we battling? The sooner the better, I start my week of working 4-12PM on Thursday. I can do Tuesday after say, 8PM, Wednesday after 4ish. EST.

Lker
Oct 26, 2010
Find me on IRC. I'm there most evenings. I should also have more free time toward Friday.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

suicidesteve posted:

Yeah, I feel like even if I'd drawn one of my Duresses game 1 I wouldn't have cast it into your 0 card hand. There were also Golgari Charms which I didn't bring in and Dragonskull Summits that I do remember playing one of but as like my 6th land with perfect mana already. They'll be Lightning Strikes, Bit Blast/Stain the Mind, and other lands.

When are we battling? The sooner the better, I start my week of working 4-12PM on Thursday. I can do Tuesday after say, 8PM, Wednesday after 4ish. EST.

Tuesday after 8pm est probably works for me! I'll be home around then so I might be a couple minutes late tho.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
i combo off twice just before sharpshooter can get the beast (or elf) in his sights in the epic match of actual duel decks goblins vs elves (read: clicking through elves iterations on cockatrice is real fun)

2-0

Elvish Archdruid actually a real american (elfen?) hero

Zoness fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jun 16, 2015

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It's a shame, I was really looking forward to shooting 10 elves in one turn

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Zoness posted:

Mince Pieface vs Elyv

I'm on synirc in #mtgoon basically every evening as Elyv, find me there.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Wezlar posted:

Tuesday after 8pm est probably works for me! I'll be home around then so I might be a couple minutes late tho.

Are we still on for this?

Edit: Assuming my internet decides to start working, anyway.

suicidesteve fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jun 17, 2015

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

suicidesteve posted:

Are we still on for this?

Edit: Assuming my internet decides to start working, anyway.

Hey sorry for wasting your time this evening, I'm running late at a family thing. Are you going to be around tomorrow?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Wezlar posted:

Hey sorry for wasting your time this evening, I'm running late at a family thing. Are you going to be around tomorrow?

Probably after dinner time.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Mince_Pieface wins 2-1, he crushed me game 1, I crushed him game 2, I had a good draw game 3 that petered out and he killed me the turn before I could take control.

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

Sigma-X I'm in IRC let's game.
e: Wildfire1 2-0 Sigma-X

Flea Bargain fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jun 17, 2015

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Wezlar posted:

I'll be on for a while tonight as long as my internet doesn't crap out again.

Edit: And if not tonight I'm free sometime late Friday (I wouldn't be surprised if it's after 2 AM) and then not until Monday.

suicidesteve fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jun 18, 2015

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

suicidesteve posted:

I'll be on for a while tonight as long as my internet doesn't crap out again.

Edit: And if not tonight I'm free sometime late Friday (I wouldn't be surprised if it's after 2 AM) and then not until Monday.

Sssssssooooooo.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Hey sorry, I ended up going out of town for the weekend. I'm just going to drop from the league, I've been way too busy lately to get games in.

Lker
Oct 26, 2010

Zoness posted:

Lker vs instantrunoffvote
Have yet to hear from you.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Wezlar posted:

Hey sorry, I ended up going out of town for the weekend. I'm just going to drop from the league, I've been way too busy lately to get games in.

:( That sucks. Good luck with life! How many rounds is this thing anyway? Was this the 2nd or 3rd round with new decks?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
hi i'll take a look at this during my lunch or something

also will edit this post :effort:

EDIT: I lied i'm gonna look at this while raiding later tonight super busy lunch aaaah.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jun 23, 2015

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
having heard nothing from instantrunoffvote im just gonna give the match to lker and we can do round 3

after that we can see where things stand but it looks like churn is pretty fierce here.

Zoness vs wildfire1
Lker vs Elyv
Defeatist Elitist vs instantrunoffvote
IBMS vs Sigma-X
Mince Pieface vs suicidesteve

A week or so to wrap this up. Let's say tentatively 7/2.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Ibms I'm on vacation this week and can be available pretty much whenever, I just need advanced notice.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Zoness posted:

I'll be around Sunday-Tuesday nights EST at least.

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

Zoness posted:

having heard nothing from instantrunoffvote im just gonna give the match to lker and we can do round 3

after that we can see where things stand but it looks like churn is pretty fierce here.

Zoness vs wildfire1
Lker vs Elyv
Defeatist Elitist vs instantrunoffvote
IBMS vs Sigma-X

A week or so to wrap this up. Let's say tentatively 7/2.

I'll find you on IRC when I can.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

2-1 against lker

Game 1 I mulled to 5, kept a perfect hand against him(2 land utopia sprawl 2 courser) and then proceeded to draw perfectly for every turn of the game
Game 2 I mulled to 5 again and my awkward draw didn't really do anything
Game 3 I kept a good draw, did enchantress things, and eventually found a doomwake.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Sigma-X posted:

Ibms I'm on vacation this week and can be available pretty much whenever, I just need advanced notice.
How's sunday for you? I can also do tonight if you're still around.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Won 2-0 against Sigma-X on the back of the recruiter combo.

Defeatist Elitist
Jun 17, 2012

I've got a carbon fixation.

instantrunoffvote, are you around anytime soon? I don't see you on IRC.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

suicidesteve posted:

I'll be around Sunday-Tuesday nights EST at least.

Lets try to get in a game tomorrow. I'll look for you on irc.-

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Mince Pieface posted:

Lets try to get in a game tomorrow. I'll look for you on irc.-

Tomorrow Sunday or tomorrow Monday? Because Sunday's actually my anniversary so I'm not likely to be playing any Magic. I'm off Monday and Tuesday though.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

We can do monday night, though I usually don't get home until 6 pst, so it might have to be kind of late for you.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Mince Pieface posted:

We can do monday night, though I usually don't get home until 6 pst, so it might have to be kind of late for you.

Nah that's fine, I'm off Tuesday anyway. Let's aim for 7/8 your time? My wife's usually asleep by then.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
hi wildfire1 i've been super busy over the weekend but monday night im available to pay attention to irc

please contact me im sorry

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

Zoness posted:

hi wildfire1 i've been super busy over the weekend but monday night im available to pay attention to irc

please contact me im sorry

I too, have been busy! I suspect I will be online in 30 hours from this post or so.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

wildfire1 posted:

I too, have been busy! I suspect I will be online in 30 hours from this post or so.

ok but I won't be home for like another 3 hours :v:

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

Zoness posted:

ok but I won't be home for like another 3 hours :v:

30 wasn't a typo! I am on my way to work but have the next 3 days off

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

wildfire1 posted:

30 wasn't a typo! I am on my way to work but have the next 3 days off

oh i may have literally read that as 30 minutes :blush:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

suicidesteve posted:

Nah that's fine, I'm off Tuesday anyway. Let's aim for 7/8 your time? My wife's usually asleep by then.

Hey are you around to game it up? I'm ready.

• Locked thread