Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Zoness posted:

Looking at the picks so far an interesting format change could be to ban zendikar block next session

also updating the OP

also I am considering changing my core set to 10ED pending some testing.

oh god testing?

people are actually testing?

for the record, if I participate, I'm probably not going to use ZEN block

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I would like to change my Core Set from M13 to M11, please.

netcat
Apr 29, 2008
Not sure if in but tentatively Mirrodin, Mirrodin 2 and uuuh sure M10 why not. edit actually make that whatever core set had the urza lands (9th?)

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

netcat posted:

Not sure if in but tentatively Mirrodin, Mirrodin 2 and uuuh sure M10 why not. edit actually make that whatever core set had the urza lands (9th?)

8E and 9E both have tron lands

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Elyv posted:

oh god testing?

people are actually testing?

for the record, if I participate, I'm probably not going to use ZEN block

have you seen the options for decks in time spiral like holy poo poo

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Zen/M13/Ravnica for me. I have plans :kheldragar:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
/\/\/\: Hello there Fetches + Shocks.

Zoness posted:

Looking at the picks so far an interesting format change could be to ban zendikar block next session

also updating the OP

also I am considering changing my core set to 10ED pending some testing.

It looks like everyone's grabbed it for different reasons at least.

We've got ZEN + MIR for what I assume is a cawblade-like that probably won't quite compare to the original (it'll still probably be pretty good), ZEN + Urza's who I have almost no doubts they're playing Sneak and Show, a couple of ZEN + LOR that I have no idea about (Faeries + Jace maybe?), and ZEN + INV which I really have no idea about (Invasion block is kinda gap in my knowledge other than some Wedge stuff being in Apocalypse and Invasion having Shard dragons).

I'm surprised nobody has picked Khans yet for that sweet, sweet Delve value

I think I'll be in for this with ONS/M10/SOM.

Cernunnos fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Mar 26, 2015

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Cernunnos posted:

It looks like everyone's grabbed it for different reasons at least.

ZEN + Urza's who I have almost no doubts they're playing Sneak and Show

I've got Zen + Urza's for my own reasons. Let's just say it'll be pretty pretty showy, but not to sneaky. And also really stupid.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
So how long will registration be open and when/where do/will we submit decklists? Just in the thread like Thunderdome? Or am I gonna have to get PMs (I should have bought Plat a long time ago)?

I'm playing what is probably garbage but I hope to have fun with it at least.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I dont think theres a problem w/ submitting decklists publically once we have set locks.

I'll say ummm... pick sets by 1-2 fridays from now and then decklists the following tuesday and then we fight

also zen+lor is probably one of the more open ones but im really gushing over the possibilites in zen+time spiral

Zoness fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Mar 26, 2015

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I really wanted to play Dragonstorm but I don't think you can make it work with the rituals since Coldsnap wasn't actually part of time spiral block.

Edit: my ZEN/INV plan is mostly just to play Jace and Fact or Fiction.

Wezlar fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Mar 26, 2015

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Cernunnos posted:

/\/\/\: Hello there Fetches + Shocks.

Esper Mill :getin:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Wezlar posted:

I really wanted to play Dragonstorm but I don't think you can make it work with the rituals since Coldsnap wasn't actually part of time spiral block.

Edit: my ZEN/INV plan is mostly just to play Jace and Fact or Fiction.

M11 for Rite of Flame/Seething Song, you have Lotus Bloom and storage lands in Time Spiral Block, and then pick whatever block you think will help you reach a critical mass of rituals.

E: oh wow Seething Song isn't in M11 um

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

TheKingofSprings posted:

E: oh wow Seething Song isn't in M11 um

Neither is Rite of Flame! (You're thinking of Pyretic Ritual.)

It's a shame you can't pick both Kamigawa and Time Spiral, since Desperate Ritual + Peer Through Depths would be the way to go otherwise.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
changing my coreset to m12 for right now

changing my corset to one that accentuates my supple bosoms

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Urza's / M11 / Khans is what I'm going with.

We'll see how it plays out. I fear it might be too durdly

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Sigma-X posted:

you should never be afraid of being too durdly

also added

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Sigma-X posted:

I was playing around with what is probably a similar list but I couldn't get it to beat affinity so I ended up deciding on

Urza's/ M13/ Innistrad

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I'm changing to LOR/M12/ZEN I might have to tweak some numbers but I think the deck is good

instantrunoffvote
Jul 23, 2007

I'll try something with with Rath/4th/Tarkir. This sounds pretty sweet.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I said LOR/M12/ZEN but what I meant was LOR/M12/INN last change I swear

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I'm going to need to bow out for this round. As it would happen, I cannot get a stable working internet connection for xmage to work within the next week. Oh well, I'll hopefully get infect in next round. v:v:v

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
When does this start? I haven't figured out a sideboard but I'm pretty happy with my completely untested deck.

Is there info on xmage somewhere?

Defeatist Elitist
Jun 17, 2012

I've got a carbon fixation.

I'm pretty bad at magic, but am totally in with Ice Age/M11/INN.

edit: And I've got a potentially jank rear end deck together. I'd be happy to start testing with whomever is around and willing.

Defeatist Elitist fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Mar 29, 2015

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Okay so what I'm going to say is that we submit decklists tuesday 4/7 (mostly because I won't have to deal w/ parents in town and poo poo). Registration is also open until then.

also changing tiem spiral to ravnica

Zoness fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Mar 30, 2015

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
i'm changing to Saga/M12/Scars

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
okay so I was thinking what progression would be like

Im thinking something like this:

at 3 rounds results tally up

cards/blocks that do really well by some metric will get banned (basically targetted at people doing well)
top 4 or something (x-0s all guaranteed either way)? each get to make one rule

a rule is like an unbanning/a banning/set (or block) addition/removal

rules for making rules (tentative):

1. Vintage-restricted cards are an absolute no-go for ban removal (tenatively), misstep, oath, shop, and bazaar might also be on this list
2. At minimum the format will be 2 blocks / 1 core, removals of sets cannot go below this
3. Newly banned cards can't be unbanned by a rule
4. Set restrictions in place are fair grounds for removal

Zoness fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Mar 30, 2015

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
I'm so stoked for this league I think I have a fun and possibly broken deck.

Our block rules basically excluded the early sets from construction. I'd like to see picking 2 of those as an additional ersatz block open up for the rules changes.

Namagem
Feb 14, 2011

The Magic Of Friendship
I don't see why not. I'd even include beginner sets in that.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Something tells me after the first go round someone is going to pick either "Everybody gets ZEN block added to their pool :thumbsup:" or "ZEN block is banned now :lol:" for their ruling.

Sigma-X posted:

I'm so stoked for this league I think I have a fun and possibly broken deck.

Our block rules basically excluded the early sets from construction. I'd like to see picking 2 of those as an additional ersatz block open up for the rules changes.

So do good and make it a rule yourself. :v:

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

I would suggest making the criteria for banning entire blocks a little restrictive, since that can shut out a lot of potentially cool decks.

Namagem
Feb 14, 2011

The Magic Of Friendship

Mince Pieface posted:

I would suggest making the criteria for banning entire blocks a little restrictive, since that can shut out a lot of potentially cool decks.

Realize this isn't cumulative (right now (as far as I know (It's possible that Zoness isn't telling me everything) ) )

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Mince Pieface posted:

entire blocks aren't up for bans - i mean like

ban a card
unban a card
+1 fixed/variable block/set/supplemental product to the pool (of player choices) i.e. you can say everyone uses zend or everyone gets +1 block or like everyone gets one supplemental or something
-1 fixed/variable block/set/supplemental product to the pool (of player choices) i.e. the opposite of the above

once again this isn't a finished list of options

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I'm not sure I'm playing but if I am I'll go with Innistrad/M14/Masques

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Zoness posted:

ban a card
unban a card
+1 fixed/variable block/set/supplemental product to the pool (of player choices) i.e. you can say everyone uses zend or everyone gets +1 block or like everyone gets one supplemental or something
-1 fixed/variable block/set/supplemental product to the pool (of player choices) i.e. the opposite of the above

Gotcha, that makes more sense!

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

I'm in on this, just working out a core set.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

For the record, here are some infinite combos. If you're like me, a deck just isn't good without dumb combos, I might even brew some proper nonsense later for this thread while I'm at it.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Zoness posted:

ban a card
unban a card

:gas: Chrome Mox :zombie:

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
I'm in. I'll be going Onslaught/M13/ZEN because I needed a second block and wall of omens is decent in the deck I'm brewing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Is it too late to change? I want IA/M11/RTR now because I'm a bad person.

• Locked thread