Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Remember, kids, insulting one member of a group is the same as insulting every member of that group! :v: Clearly these folks are masters of both literary criticism and social niceties.

Since it's not clear here, Ghost Dad is accusing Gertrude of being adulterous with his brother Claudius before his death and helping plan (or at least cover up) his murder. Even so, he tells Weebottom to leave her alone and only punish Claudius. "Pernicious" would be entirely correct in context. The next line is "O villain, villain, smiling, damned villain!" which is equally accurate, assuming the allegations are true. So, if you insult a woman when you believe she's committed evil acts, you're sexist against all women, according to this story.

Get our Weebottom in gear and shank the king!

Added Space fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Apr 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

Huh. I had never read that bit as the ghost accusing Gertrude of a co-conspirator. Shows what I know. Let's see what Ryan North knows about assassinating kings in their own palaces!

Well, to be fair, like most things in Hamlet it's implied instead of stated. However, based on Hamlet's reaction it's what he derives from Ghost Dad's raving. The only other thing Ghost Dad mentions about his wife is that he's unhappy she married Claudius - and lil' Hammer already knew that.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
We ain't got no class

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Get Ophilia in on this, maybe we'll actually get a branching path.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
I actually think this was the best ending we've gotten so far. It would have been a fine CYOA ending for Hamlet - it's just way too abrupt in its delivery.

Make a pass at the queen, I guess. Is the secret of Poor Yorick's formatting that it's completely terrible? :v:

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Yeah, that's pretty much how Ophelia relates those events in Hamlet. Shakespeare is weird sometimes. The snark is even within tolerable limits. Follow

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Let's stay focused. Prove yourself, o spectre!

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Since this is ancient Denmark, perhaps we should go with the norm and respect our boyfriend's wishes and admit it

:allears: MRA shitlord detected!

Admit nothing, break the patriarchy!

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Murder Inc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012