Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
I was gonna make a joke about Hamlet Sr. being the "Mac-daddy" but then I remembered this is not Macbeth but my vote's for him anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
Sweet spectrality.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
Our ears are practically aching for some sweet gossip and we wouldn't want to hit another dead end (get it because we are dead), so let's drop some eaves.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
Ghosts can't manipulate physical objects, that's poltergeists. Are we Poltergeist Dad? I think not. Let's have a friendly chat using our lovely ghost voice.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
Counterpoint: "Norwegian speakers can understand Danish easier than Danish speakers understand Norwegian".

Additional counterpoint: "you can understand Norwegian speakers only if you're concentrating ... and only if they're speaking slowly and clearly".

Third and final counterpoint: Ryan North's a dick and that's just the kind of poo poo he'd pull.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
Go for a swim. Ophelia's the one with the -1 weakness against water, not us, and worst case we end up haunting some fishes and hey that's cool too.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
Another Ryan North endeavor that's also victim to his writing voice is his Let's Read thing of the crazy Back to the Future novelization. The book itself is really out there and interesting but North's commentary is subject to his usual EXCESSIVE CAPITALIZATION, hella dope colloquialisms, and rampant abuse of the exclamation mark! Exciting!!

Anyway let's look at the boat I guess.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
Get home ASAP and do whatever we can to avoid further Little Mermaid references. Hans Christian Andersen won't even be alive for a couple hundred years.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
If we stay in bed, chances are we'll end up dreaming about our future as a civil engineer or some dogshit so let's get up and go.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
They say the interview starts as soon as you arrive, so let's impress our prospective employers by using our jesterly wiles to out-trick our competitors.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
Let's hurry it up with the revengeancing. Choice 1.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
This is the second time we've been given the opportunity to eavesdrop and it worked out swimmingly last time, so let's listen in again.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
Kill Claudius and I swear to god if this just leads directly to a stupid dead end then I am done with Ryan North and his bullshit.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
Can you just tell us now if options 1 and 3 go straight to game over

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
Let's see Ryan North's brand of feminism where the women must be strictly better and more competent than the men and talk to our GF.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
I thought the ending was a hot sack of dog poo poo.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
Because she didn't study capital-H History and doesn't know central heating by hot water in pipes was already invented by the ancient Greeks. But history isn't STEM so girls shouldn't major in it.

Tell him we're busy.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
To be fair, it also has the limitations of a print version since the app was adapted from it. Honestly, I don't have too much of a problem with the lack of breadth to the story paths. Hamlet is a long story and we haven't gotten very deep. I'm just sick of Ryan North's writing style. I used to read Dinosaur Comics and his other works religiously but it's not for me anymore.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Chewbot posted:

To be completely honest, it pisses me off when people who have done nothing of value poo poo on someone who spent the time, risk and effort to try and make something that others will enjoy.

The "but you've never done anything" defense is the laziest response to criticism. Yeah, he worked hard and is a nice guy, but if some people don't like the finished product, tough poo poo. It's not fair to accuse them of having done "nothing of value".

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
Look on the bright side, this thread has gone off the rails in all the ways we hoped the book would!

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
Is there really any other choice but Dromiceiomimus? By including a talking dinosaur from the webcomic that he writes, Ryan North gets the chance to redeem himself.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
You know what? I'll count that as redemption.

Wait for Porkchop Weebottoms to explode words from his mouth.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I wonder what happens if we say no. It might not be a but thou must choice.

My prediction is that Hamlet will say "Hmm... I hadn't thought of that" and if you say yes he will take that as a confession of killing his pops and kill you.

no

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
Don't admit it again.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
Run the gently caress away.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
Couldn't we just be Weebottoms and stay Weebottoms? Ophelia's terminal competence is getting kinda old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
Turns out inaction is an STD and Ophelia's caught it. Use protection, kids. To the next scene!

• Locked thread