Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krotera
Jun 16, 2013

I AM INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET
gently caress Bloodborne! Bibilography disputes have finally arrived!

quote:

I've entered the remaining knowledge outlines, and we're sitting at just over 300 simple innovations that can be abstractly discovered. Many of them have requirements, and many don't, so it's kind of a tech forest/grassland rather than a tree. Notably missing are innovations related to practical labors in the game (though there are some appearances) -- when the system is inevitably expanded and merged with the playing of the game, we'll deal with that, at least to the extent we can dig up reliable information.

For fields like philosophy, I've tried not to make judgments about which ideas are "right" or anything like that, but rather which subjects can be thought about at all. The specific view that a philosopher takes on, say, the nature of beauty or methods of education will depend on their individual/cultural values, where they apply, and a philosopher that encounters a philosophy book on beauty can then provide their own take (having acquired the innovation). Similarly, innovations for historians are, in part, writing forms like biography, and then any historian that reads a biography can start writing them as well -- the "tech tree" for that is stuff like comparative biographies describing multiple people, with a side tree about matters of sourcing, etc. And so on through the other seven branches -- there are innovations in naturalist writings, for example, and then they can investigate specific critters with those in mind when they get down to work observing foraging behavior or performing dissections.

Several innovations require innovations from other branches, and since all knowledge is individually tracked, that implies some investigators will need to be at least well-read if not skilled in various topics (there aren't currently joint research projects). There are some old and new mechanisms in place to ensure this happens.

Do your dwarves use APA or Turabian? Is plagiarism UNTHINKABLE or PERSONAL_MATTER? Find out now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krotera
Jun 16, 2013

Benagain posted:

You see a red colored @ symbol.You know instantly what it represents because you're not some loving idiot who needs things like pictures to grasp concepts.

+---------------+
+      §        +
+      §        +
+      §        +
+      @      +
+     /--       +
+     /         +
+    ╥         ≡    Ü      Ü  Ü

Krotera
Jun 16, 2013

everythingWasBees posted:

That's actually really cool. Might install again and start back up a game.

I don't think he's migrated it into a publicly-available release yet, although I have a feeling one's coming along pretty soon.

Krotera
Jun 16, 2013

Do you ever respond to messages like that?

• Locked thread