Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010
This chapter had so many great things. Also was really digging the bits of programmer chat.

The health/magic bug when you enter a Muspelheim probably works exactly as you said in the video, though it really bugs me how it would've escaped playtesting. Speaking from a programmer's perspective, this should be a fairly easy fix; if the health/magic meters from outside are stored in memory somewhere, it should be trivial to have them updated to add in the bonus from a Witch Heart or a Moon Pearl (well that really depends on how they coded the system I guess).

The walking-on-stairs thing is also really jarring whenever it's pointed out, and would usually be fixed with Inverse Kinematics. IK is commonly used to align joints to their proper positions on uneven terrain. Bayonetta's center of gravity would follow a basic slope up the staircase, to allow smooth movement upward, and the feet would land on a more detailed mesh containing each individual step. Proper application of IK would have the legs move and rotate to the proper orientation to support that without moving the center of gravity. That actually is a pretty difficult problem to solve in practice, but I wouldn't think that beyond the capabilities of PG to implement. Perhaps there were time constraints and in most cases it looked good anyway so they focused on other things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010
I would've been disappointed with the jump-cancelling, but I was too busy giggling as bad as toddy was.

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010
yoshesque what toddy is saying is you should get the entire FFXIII trilogy. A masterpiece indeed.

toddy. posted:

I realized the way my commentary has gone completely off the rails is an adequate reflection of the witch trial videos from the first thread.

And that is perfectly fine; your banter continues to be enjoyable.

• Locked thread