Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
So if I'm reading the enemy descriptions right I think they're suggesting that the Valiance first arrived on earth riding the Chicxulub meteorite that took out the dinosaurs :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Baal as a demon prince is typically depicted as having 3 forms; Man, cat and toad.

Here's his picture from the Infernal Dictionary:

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Based on the discussion it seems like Bayonetta 2 is less, for lack of a better word, 'hardcore' than Bayonetta 1 so the people who were super into Bayo 1 and nailing Pure Platinum runs through the whole game with their frame cancels and whatnot find Bayo 2 to be easier and more simplistic in play style with less options, whereas the people who found Bayo 1 to be a bit impenetrable and tricky find Bayo 2 fits them much better because it is, frankly, easier to just play.

Bayo 2 also appears to be excessively strict about Pure Platinum requirements so people going for that notice all the sanded corners whereas the people just playing through the game who don't really care what rank they get do not.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
I guess we're using different dictionaries because what you just described is exactly what I would call 'less hardcore' in a video game.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Its probably there to give you a reason to use torture attacks instead of Umbran Climax; mo moneh.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
So it's a bad reason. Doesn't surprise me, it looks like a lot less attention was paid to the finer points of gameplay in this game.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
I think Luka's failure has less to do with his gear being crappy and more to do with Luka being incompetent. It seems pretty obvious to me that he's supposed to come across as a buffoon.

e: Also according to the Wiki if you use Kafka with Umbran Climax it fires giant demonic dragonflies called Carnage instead.

Neruz fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Apr 8, 2015

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
If it makes you feel better you're spelling it wrong; it's Muspelheim and the plural is Muspelheimr.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
To be fair; her new look does go great with a fancy hat.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Note that Takemikazuchi is a sword god as well as a thunder god :shepface:

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Look at that helpful sidle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
'Loptr' is one of the alternate names for Loki along with Hveðrungr. It's a perfectly acceptable Old Norse name.

• Locked thread