Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

SunAndSpring posted:

I've beat it. Magic > Technology, IMO, because I don't think anything on the tech side will let me flat out disintegrate a guy.

enjoy disintegrating the loot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

SunAndSpring posted:

I've beat it. Magic > Technology, IMO, because I don't think anything on the tech side will let me flat out disintegrate a guy.

It's because the balance is insanely hosed up more than the spell that kills your loot.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

epitasis posted:

paradox has nothing to do with the game and obsidian doesnt make buggy games you marks

From the steam page:

Title: Pillars of Eternity
Genre: RPG
Developer: Obsidian Entertainment
Publisher: Paradox Interactive
Release Date: 26 Mar, 2015

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

From the steam page:

Ropekid said he told Johan about the "That's Johan" emoticon.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

Ropekid said he told Johan about the "That's Johan" emoticon.

He thought it was weird or something right?

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

He thought it was weird or something right?

Creepy iirc

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

DICKHEAD posted:

It's because the balance is insanely hosed up more than the spell that kills your loot.

more hosed up than the bugs and random save deletion

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

qnqnx posted:

enjoy disintegrating the loot

I think by the time I got Disintegrate, the only things left to cast it on were monsters, locked doors, and losers with poo poo I didn't want so I could spam it freely.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Time to delete all my old posts where I post stuff like "Johan is my best and only friend"

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

qnqnx posted:

more hosed up than the bugs and random save deletion

Arcanum is like objectively not very good at all but boy did I ever like playing it for some insane reason.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

Time to delete all my old posts where I post stuff like "Johan is my best and only friend"

You have to except your friends, flaws and all.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

DICKHEAD posted:

Arcanum is like objectively not very good at all but boy did I ever like playing it for some insane reason.

yeah

i think there's a mod that balances tech now but i'm not dumb enough to reinstall and play it

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

DICKHEAD posted:

same, almost all tech characters too
not having enough points to build all the cool poo poo was more annoying than the materials collectaton featuring a warehouse full of rats

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Fungah! posted:

paradox is only distributing the game but lol did you even play alpha protocol or new vegas. do you even play games

ap had zero bugs on 360
dungeon siege had 0 bugs
south park hd 0 bugs

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

From the steam page:

theyre distributing physical goodies for them u pap smear (pat smear?)

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

epitasis posted:

Wow, really? Congrats on figuring that out you loving thick oval office.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This forum is literally small letter games in that if you ever say anything remotely critical of a game, about 10 fuckwits will crawl out of the woodwork to cry.

ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

Thanks for the input, Jeff!

nopantsjack posted:

Isn't this the bland edition of Numenera?

PoE is apparently just an HD version of Baldur's Gate, but at least the gameplay is real-time with pause.

People trusting InXile's writers to produce plot/characters remotely approaching PS:T's quality are almost guaranteed to be disappointed. Beyond that, you're getting archaic turn-based combat. Considering how uninteresting Wasteland 2's became after the first few hours, I'm not optimistic. InXile just aren't that talented, bottom-line.

ninotoreS fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Mar 25, 2015

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

PoE is created by Christ Avellowne with excellent craftsdwarfship. If only Spambot was here to explain things to people...

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

ninotoreS posted:

PoE is apparently just an HD version of Baldur's Gate, but at least the gameplay is real-time with pause.

People trusting InXile's writers to produce plot/characters remotely approaching PS:T's quality are almost guaranteed to be disappointed. Beyond that, you're getting archaic turn-based combat. Considering how uninteresting Wasteland 2's became after the first few hours, I'm not optimistic. InXile just aren't that talented, bottom-line.

Idk I feel like there were a lot of other things that made Wasteland 2 bad. Like how the way skill tests scaled in the game it necessitated basically having one character each specialize in one thing. Also this first third of the game is boring doo doo stuff iirc.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

This forum is literally small letter games in that if you ever say anything remotely critical of a game, about 10 fuckwits will crawl out of the woodwork to cry.

otoh here you can call them a human being if you want, like so:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

epitasis posted:

lol you loving human being

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

epitasis posted:

pat smear did nothing wrong

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Fungah! posted:

otoh here you can call them a human being if you want, like so:

I'm trying really hard not to say that any more.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'm trying really hard not to say that any more.

i can respect that.

Dec 26, 2012

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

pat smear did nothing wrong

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

game's up for preloading btw

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Extra posted:

Hmm this game is $60 and inquisitor is $15.

Inquisitor is awesome.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Fungah! posted:

game's up for preloading btw

hell yeah :cheers:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i went to school with a Patrick Shmare. he did not have a happy childhood

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

I can't wait to play this game.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Got the key, got the preload, and got Ground Zeroes to play until the game releases. gently caress yeah.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
What's bad about Torment? I literally know nothing about that game at the moment.

Also, got the beta of this when I backed it and enjoyed it for the most part.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

ninotoreS posted:

People trusting InXile's writers to produce plot/characters remotely approaching PS:T's quality are almost guaranteed to be disappointed.
PS: T had like no combat and the actual combat that did exist wasnt very good.

this is like almost all combat with dialogue options thrown in here and there. Theyre kinda really vastly different games.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Contra Calculus posted:

What's bad about Torment? I literally know nothing about that game at the moment.

Also, got the beta of this when I backed it and enjoyed it for the most part.

Wasteland 2 was a mess and Chris Avellone is only writing a little bit for it. That and Numenera, the tabletop game, is pretty mediocre so they don't have a great groundwork to build on.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Arcanum is a bad game but it gets points with me because your dude can be literally retarded.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I gave kickstarter money because I didn't know better.

Hopefully I won't regret my decision.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I hope you all really like this game :) I like when kickstarters actually make something worthwhile and when imps get good games. Hopefully I can buy and play it in a couple months from now.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Added bonuses include the Giant Miniature Space Piglet

im liking the bg reference here... very epic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

is this going to be available for dl like midnight tonight or is this some bullshit where it gets released like 2 in the afternoo on

• Locked thread