Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
my favorite part of the games thread is when a poster says that the encounter design is dull and needs more variety so they don't just use the same strategies over and over again, then on the next page the same poster says it's bullshit that shades can teleport behind his front line and ruin his strategy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

my favorite part of the games thread is

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

Fungah! posted:

catchphrase

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

not reading it

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i just assume zaphod42 will have 10 pages of novel-length posts about specs and how not to enjoy video games in all games threads at this point

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Agean90 posted:

not reading it

I'm gonna try this for awhile, wish me luck

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Its a hard habit, but kicking it feel gooood. stay strong brother

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

A Spider Covets posted:

what's your guys' fav method of handling shades? i like the game but they spawn so often it gets old fighting them so much

Fire aoe

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Agean90 posted:

Its a hard habit, but kicking it feel gooood. stay strong brother

I kinda wish this forum was more active sometimes but then I realize that if it was, it would just turn into Games

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
i like to use that wall of fire spell :twisted:

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I like the Crushing Wall even better, although I think it's bugged because it's supposed to be Foe Only yet when I send my dudes through it the wall breaks their loving kneecaps.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I tried slicken after it got nerfed last couple of patches and honestly it still feels pretty OP

fun though

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

pixelbaron posted:

i like to use that wall of fire spell :twisted:

how are the Wall spells in this game anyway? are they super useful?

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
i like em they are p quick to cast and they stay up for the entire fight usually

especially nice when you get the enemies in a position where they are locked in combat and not moving around and then just throw up a fire wall or crushing wall or whatever right on top of them

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

SunAndSpring posted:

I like the Crushing Wall even better, although I think it's bugged because it's supposed to be Foe Only yet when I send my dudes through it the wall breaks their loving kneecaps.

i'm pretty sure everything that says "foe aoe" with a duration longer than a single hit ticks for regular aoe damage/saves, so it may not be a bug so much as it is poor documentation. i know i've seen it with the first-level wizard ice spell that claims to be "foe aoe" as well

Dec 26, 2012

they patched that one to not be foe aoe if you mean the fog one

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
How do I play this game.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Is there a stat that governs ACC... Or just level up perks..?

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

How do I play this game.

by the code of Bushido

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Is there a stat that governs ACC... Or just level up perks..?

it just goes up as you level. perks can also increase it.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Agean90 posted:

it just goes up as you level. perks can also increase it.

and some equipment. and that one paladin aura

also wielding a one handed weapon without a shield or another weapon is a big accuracy boost

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

one thing to keep in mind is that accuracy also determins how much damage you do. If your barely make the hit roll, youll do a graze, which does reduced damage and shortens the time on effects. making way more than you need to hit gives you a crit which does the opposite, so more accuracy mean less grazes and more crits.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
pick up gaun's share, never graze again :getin:

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Eothas is a stupid God, I don't need his stupid flail (more like FAIL)

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

How do I play this game.

Very carefully!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The Sharmat posted:

Eothas is a stupid God, I don't need his stupid flail (more like FAIL)

eothas is a busta but the only reason i'd dump convert graze into hits is for sheathed in autumn

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
pretty sure there's more than one convert graze to hits weapon in the game without the stigma of using a dumb dead god's poo poo

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
yeah there's actually a better flail with like three balls that has graze 30% instead of the graze 20% on gaun's share, but its name escapes me so i'm stuck referring to the lovely one named after a busta who got blown the gently caress up

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Unforgiven or Unforgiveable or something I think, I'm using it on my chanter in the desperate hope that he hits something properly at some point over the course of these 50 hours

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

How do you have him built? I gave my chanter some badass pike that knocks people down when it it crits and he always carries his weight in combat.

Dec 26, 2012

since when do chanters need to hit things

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
they don't need to do anything but chant and tank, but being able to do a bit of hitting or spell casting can help

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I thought the game was pretty hard (on hard) real early on but I was thinkin of it too much like BG once you get it down its fine and fun.

Summons seem really OP -- basically any really hard fight I do like I do to Drizzt in BG1, summon a bunch of poo poo as a buffer and then go balls out with my casters/rogue pc.

Although I haven't gone away from my Eder/Durance security blanket, a cleric/fighter seem pretty vital (although the monk NPC I created is a beast I'm thinkin they could tank most of the game). I'll have to try a fighter less party at some point. Rangers are pretty cool especially with that thorn CC upgrade. I think the only class that seems kinda wet fartish to me so far are paladins but maybe I'm playing them wrong.

e: yah the big rear end chanter is cool too -- love double ogre summon + he can offtank ok with heavy armor and give my rogue that sweet sweet speed song. I also am loving the rogue escapability upgrades (coordinated positioning specifically because sometimes the pathfinding can really gently caress a melee rogue).

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Apr 24, 2015

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I've never done a party without a fighter because Eder is cool

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
it would be tough, do Monks get any engagement upgrades? I can't remember. There's an engagement upgrade on the defense track I think but that's it?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The Sharmat posted:

I've never done a party without a fighter because Eder is cool
:hf:

i don't mean to alarm you, but uh, i'm slowly dying of poison

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
it's pretty funny what he says if Durance dies and Eder is in your party and chooses to speak up

I don't remember what he says but it's pretty funny

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The Sharmat posted:

it's pretty funny what he says if Durance dies and Eder is in your party and chooses to speak up

I don't remember what he says but it's pretty funny

Iirc he says something about him talking too much.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
It's something like "Huh. Guess we don't have to listen to him anymore" but I can't remember the exact line and it's really the delivery that carries it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
is there low intelligence dialogue in this game on the scale of arcanum/fallout

virgil's character in arcanum was the best foil for low intelligence

• Locked thread