Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
murphyslaw
Feb 16, 2007
It never fails

Obdicut posted:

Maybe dial down the hyperbole from the current setting of 11 to like a 2 or something?

Absolutely not, wilful and gross misrepresentation of the opponents' viewpoints is a rich tradition with a storied history in this here Best Topic on DnD. What are you looking for here mister, level-headed and nuanced discussion??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

murphyslaw
Feb 16, 2007
It never fails

wateroverfire posted:

A mirror we could all turn on ourselves to discover an ugly, spergy truth.

If I should ever pass through the States again and one day be accosted by a 33yo 2nd year Gender Studies major while trying to order a burrito at Chipotle (which I find delicious) and ze calls me out on my cultural appropriation of latino foods I will give ze's outrage my full consideration as ze is a human being worthy of decency and respect.

I will probably still order and enjoy my tasty burrito, to be clear. I am and will ever be a monster, devoid of empathy.

Wahahaha where even do you get this poo poo? Like yeah maybe if you hang out in a liberal west coast college dorm room for long enough you might bump into one of these people off the internet, but the idea that this is some kind of societal problem or statistically likely to inconvenience you to any significant degree is baffling. Why are you so afraid of these people?

murphyslaw
Feb 16, 2007
It never fails

wateroverfire posted:

Should spend :10bux: and rereg as Poeslaw IMO.

You never know, not around these parts anyway. You do spend an inordinate amount of time griping about these people...

I open doors for women. Then again, I also open doors for men. If I am going through a door and I see someone behind me thinking of doing the same I hold it open. I do it dozens of times at work because there's a bunch of people moving in and out of offices and classrooms all the time.

I eagerly await the accusations of being a genderhitler.

• Locked thread