Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Once again we have a phenomena were minorities complain about an experience, but confused white people have never encountered it, so it must not exist right?
And then other confused white people fail to differentiate between decades of systematic under representation of minorities in their unique cultural arts and white people rapping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Popular Thug Drink posted:

Pictured: definitely not an ignorant, superficial adoption of someone else's culture.

White guys playing American Indians in film for 50 years is cultural appropriation. Drunk idiots in plastic headdresses and face paint is just racist.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

paranoid randroid posted:

Well I suppose that there are certain mores that can be generalized across all cultures, and as such form the barest skeleton of a general human culture. But this is hardly the basis of a strong, binding culture.
It only seems that way because you have nothing to compare it to. Non-human culture is rather poorly understood.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Zeitgueist posted:

I dunno, cultural appropriation is impossible to understand there is no literature on the subject. :shrug:
What are your recommendations for literature on the subject?

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

WoodrowSkillson posted:

people as a whole are vain, selfish, stupid, and petty. SJW have good intentions, and are just as lovely as everyone else because humanity sucks.
gently caress you, I'm awesome and always right.

It's y'all who suck and are wrong.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

paranoid randroid posted:

See, for a particularly obnoxious example, Mumford and Sons.
Or like 95% of pop country music.

Fuckers from the burbs singin' about farms.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Cole posted:

you are doing nothing but making the thread worse.
Yeah Bro Dad stop appropriating Cole culture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

rudatron posted:

This is bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. Being part of a culture does not, and never will, obligate you to always act on behalf of the self-interest of the 'culture' as an abstract entity eg- If you children are not of your culture, you have not 'failed' in your duty. People are not a vehicle for the self-propagation of cultures, a culture's existence must serve human ends.
That quote is basically the Fourteen Words for Indians.

• Locked thread