Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Anatharon posted:

The game seems pretty cool but yeah, the art is pretty terrible. Interesting that it's set in a fantasy world though, usually this sort of thing takes place in a modern setting.

On the other hand, playing as what's basically the grimdark final boss of a lovecraftian horror RPG to wipe out a bunch of JRPG rejects sounds like it could be good fun.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Mar 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Josef bugman posted:

In the Endless mode there can be lots of Chosen ones. Must admit I am going to play my first game as Sisyphus but my first endless game is going to be Belial trying and endlessly screwing up trying to take over the world before finally triumphing.

How would Endless mode work in practice? Is there any info on that?

I mean do you start on a new map if you win? Or do you just start over in a really hosed up world that gets increasingly more eldritch and terrifying to live in every time you win?

It would be really neat if your wins and losses or history of each "round" played affected the world. So if you lost a bunch of times you'd have a bunch of really strong nations that went through a golden age. And eventually all the uncivilized races were brought to heel after so many losses. Or you could win and gently caress up the planet more and more over time. Imagine playing that eldritch god that returns things to nature/their primal roots and progressively turning the world into a tribalized kill or be killed hellhole over the course of eras. :unsmigghh:

There's some neat world sim stuff you could do with that idea depending on how it works. I'll have to pick it up if they include a feature like that.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Apr 15, 2015

• Locked thread