Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

it's ooooooh banana.

Now, is mario saying "what a pickle?" in Mario 64 when he goes into the levels and if so, why?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

He's saying "L is real 2401!"

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

he says "let's-a go"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

it's ooooooh banana.

Now, is mario saying "what a pickle?" in Mario 64 when he goes into the levels and if so, why?!

He says "Let's-a go!"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sharrrk posted:

he says "let's-a go"

Yeah

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i was hoping it was "popsickle!"

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

i was hoping it was "popsickle!"

nope, not hearing it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Anybody else got any questions about old, poor quality voice samples?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Anybody else got any questions about old, poor quality voice samples?

I always kind of wondered what this doll in my aunt's house was saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY1xtnnMr2c

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

to clarify, I should say only in video games. But I hope someone provides you with your answer

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Wow.

If you don't get this joke, check out this hyperlink: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/doge

Need more help? Contact my private messages and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Catch you on the meme side.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Average Bear posted:

Wow.

If you don't get this joke, check out this hyperlink: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/doge

Need more help? Contact my private messages and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Catch you on the meme side.
Average Bear has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
DK64 announcer finding a beloved playstation classic in a game shop's bargain bin: "OOOHHHH, PARAPPA."

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
why the gently caress does Donkey Kong even like bananas? Go collect stock, or start your own family. Don't live in Cranky's shadow, man.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

why the gently caress does Donkey Kong even like bananas? Go collect stock, or start your own family. Don't live in Cranky's shadow, man.

Because he is an ape.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

apes love bananas

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Shinjobi posted:

same reason I do.

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

Shinjobi posted:

monkeys eat bananas you dumb motherfucker..

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Dk inherited that Banana Horde from Cranky's hard work fighting with Mario.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
Who the gently caress doesn't like bananas, is a better question.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Clearly Cranky's already spent his money in the Imp Zone. Wake up, sheeple.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Bicyclops posted:

holy shiet

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Bicyclops posted:

I've been heraing for days and I'm pretty sure its something about me killing my family and burning the house but it's ok because I'm strong and I won't let it overtake my mind

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

program666 posted:

I've been heraing for days and I'm pretty sure its something about me killing my family and burning the house but it's ok because I'm strong and I won't let it overtake my mind

We literally found one of the actual dolls in my aunt's attic and because of the poor voice recording, it really does sound like one of the things it says is "I'm going to kill you."

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Bicyclops posted:

it's ooooooh banana.

I've played hundreds of hours of sm64 and can confirm the line is " let's pickle"

The man has an enthusiasm for canning that most simply can't match.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

How the gently caress does anyone think Mario says a pickle variant in SM64

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

It's because they recorded Charles Martinet on a phonograph underwater and then ran it through Windows Sound Recorder for all of his lines.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

The same way some idiots pronounce his name mare-e-o

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It's gooooooold banana because if it was ooooooh banana then the voice would be saying that for every god drat banana you collected and it would get old getting like 4000 regular-rear end bananas throughout the game.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Mega64 posted:

It's gooooooold banana because if it was ooooooh banana then the voice would be saying that for every god drat banana you collected and it would get old getting like 4000 regular-rear end bananas throughout the game.

maybe he just isn't impressed enough with the regular bananas to oooooooh about them.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'd be more impressed by red and purple and blue bananas than gold, especially since we've already seen gold bananas in the DKC games.

Maybe he's saying "OLLLLLLLLLLLLLD BANANA" because gold bananas are old as hell at this point?

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

can you even eat a gold banana? what do the kongs use them for?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
you can eat anything, if you're brave enough

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the Kongs don't eat bananas. They convert them into balloons, which give them power by allowing them to regenerate their lifeforces.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

DK doesn't even like bananas. He's saying "Ewwww....banana...."

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

They scored a licensing deal too late to change the texture for the bananas themselves

"Dooooooooooole ba na nas"

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

who is this person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
Didn't they censor this to "one HECK of a guy" in a later release or version or something?

• Locked thread