Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the only fighting game I ever played and got remotely competent at was persona 4 arena, but I'd be down to tool around with whatever Vampire Savior: Lord of the Vampire 2 is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

the only fighting game I ever played and got remotely competent at was persona 4 arena, but I'd be down to tool around with whatever Vampire Savior: Lord of the Vampire 2 is.

It's DarkStalker 3.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lt. Dans Legs posted:

I'm in for Garou. I'm not just picking this because I've recently spent many hours of my life getting beat up by Hotaru's blue balls and powerhump super

*does the taunt to drop a marten on your bloody corpse while laughing*

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
The voting for the game will end this Sunday (29). After that we can discuss a date for the tournament, and the people that want to join will post their FightCade username here on the thread.

NickRoweFillea posted:

i want to watch the stream.

Unfortunately I won't be able to stream due to a lovely connection, but if someone else wants to stream at least the finals they can do it, no problem.

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Everyone is going to be too busy live posting about Wrestlemania on Sunday to vote

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Garou is good

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Everyone is going to be too busy live posting about Wrestlemania on Sunday to vote

This. Can we put it off for a couple days

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
KoF 2k2'UM

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Countblanc posted:

jesus christ

hurr im autistic and can't play fun games that aren't determined like a function on a calculator hhaha thats you. Bitch.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Average Bear posted:

hurr im autistic and can't play fun games that aren't determined like a function on a calculator hhaha thats you. Bitch.

:cripes:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Average Bear posted:

cristo

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I owned myself.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

NickRoweFillea posted:

This. Can we put it off for a couple days

Sure, let's make the voting end on April 2nd then. I'll update the OP.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
i am not

Drachenreiter
May 6, 2007

I want you to stick that green spotted egg up my ass so I can incubate it
Pretty unfair to Forums User "countblanc", honestly. I mean, sure, the Heavy eating a sandvich whilst making the awesome face is automatically determined to be Epic Win, but the game has a lot of other variables.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Cyberbots or Champion Edition Kouryu

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

yessss. 02 is good too if we can't do um

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
SvC Chaos or go home.

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
MvC motherfucker

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
strip fighter 2

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man
i will play 3rd strike or ultra street fighter 4 or heck,. even the greatest fighting game of all time Capcom versus SNK 2: Mark of the Millennium: Millionaire Fighting 2001

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

stoutfish posted:

strip fighter 2

applying strip poker rules to fighting games is pretty epic win

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
the April fools bump

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Can't wait to find out the results tomorrow

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Yo, this one right here. UM isn't on FightCade though so KoF 2k2 for poverty fighter supremacy.

demons.
Apr 20, 2012

Big Scary Owl posted:

There seems to be some fighting game players here, so I thought it would be cool to have a fighting game tournament just for fun. No rewards for wining and no punishment for losing.

The matches would take place in FightCade, which is free and supports many games, so more people would be able to play.

We need to decide on a game first, though. Just post the game you want in bold. If the game you want isn't in the list and it's available in FightCade, just post about it and I'll add it to the list.

Voting for the games will end on April 2nd.

yeah i'll do the gay thing but ive done online tournaments before and they tupically end in failure

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

demons. posted:

yeah i'll do the gay thing but ive done online tournaments before and they tupically end in failure

It's too late to turn back now.

Garou: Mark of the Wolves is the chosen game.

Now we just need to decide on a good date for the tournament. I'm thinking of April 12, around 18:00 PST (use a time zone converter to know the time in your location).

What do you guys think? Is that good?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

688 Megs? Are you nuts? What kind of PC do you have where you can run that? Good lord.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Are Grant and Kain banned? Either way I'm playing Butt, B. Jenet and Rock.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

688 Megs? Are you nuts? What kind of PC do you have where you can run that? Good lord.

TOO MANY MEGS :psyboom:

Evil Eagle posted:

Are Grant and Kain banned? Either way I'm playing Butt, B. Jenet and Rock.

I assume these are boss characters, right? I feel like it wouldn't be fair allowing them in a casual setting, so I think it's better to ban them.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i'm happy we picked an snk game

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

Big Scary Owl posted:

It's too late to turn back now.

Garou: Mark of the Wolves is the chosen game.

Now we just need to decide on a good date for the tournament. I'm thinking of April 12, around 18:00 PST (use a time zone converter to know the time in your location).

What do you guys think? Is that good?

Here comes daredevil

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Grant and Kain aren't broken in any way despite being bosses

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i'd join a fight tourney but it has to be tekken 5 on the ps3... sorry ladies, but im gay

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i have no idea how to get a rom working on fightcade

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Click Settings.

Click Locate ROMs folder.

Tell Fightcade where you're hiding your ROMs.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I can't get garou to work.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
the hex numbers for my specific bios and .dlx ect does not match up

if only someone could :files: a batch of working files.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
You need the neo geo rom, as well as the game rom.

• Locked thread