Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
You've been doing the thread up a bit!

I don't like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

More like Doctor Who cares, Lego are awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMG4UEorUfs

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

CobiWann posted:

So...this is my first Who convention and I am NOT prepared for this. So many utili-kilts...so many fezzes...

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

The internet tells me that Alex Kingston and John Barrowman are already part of that universe.

Cannot loving wait for David Bradley as I dunno, Alan Scott or something.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

This could be anyone's window at any time, and everyone's window at some time.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

happyhippy posted:

There better be a joke in the new series where he leaves a door open somewhere and someone says 'Were you born in a barn?' and he just says 'Actually, yes.'.

Which reminds me of the thing that just makes me sperg like nothing else, whenever they land somewhere and they wander off and leave the Tardis door open.

The assembled hordes of Genghis Khan couldn't get through those doors (unless I leave them open)!

(Of course that leads to my secondary sperging at HOW DID THE DOOR CLOSE WHERE ARE THE CONTINUITY PEOPLE ARGH)

Yes I know it's unreasonable. I usually can ignore those things, but sometimes it just stands out. Kinda like Tennant's hair at the climax of DOTD, it changes how it's spiked from one shot to the next.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

CobiWann posted:

Wow…between that comic and going to see Rush tomorrow night on what’s probably their final tour, I’ve never felt so old.

I need a freakin’ drink. Where’s my copy of The Wormery?

If you ever want to know how old you REALLY are, look up what song was #1 when you graduated high school. :getin:

(Don't do this, it will make you feel super frickin old :smith:)

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

CobiWann posted:

“Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman,” Bryan Adams.

drat it.

I warned you! :(

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

CobiWann posted:

When the Doctor Who movie debuted on Fox - "Always Be My Baby" by Mariah Carey.

When I graduated college – “Smooth” by Santana featuring Rob Thomas from It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

When I finished grad school – “Foolish” by Ashanti.

When my stepdaughter was born/Rose debuted – “Candy Shop” by 50 Cent featuring Olivia.

When THE COAT was born – “Happy,” Pharrell Williams.

:cripes:

When Matt Smith was born, it was Jack and Diane by John Cougar Mellencamp. :corsair:

What a horrible derail, I apologize profusely.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

CobiWann posted:

The cape adds class! You can’t teach that.

Bada-boom, realest hermaphroditic hexapod in the room.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

The all time worst Buffy related accent (besides Drusilla. And Kendra.) was Glenn Quinn's fake American accent on Roseanne.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Not a fake accent, but Sarah Michelle Gellar' s way of pronouncing "Okay" in the later seasons drove me up the wall. It's been a while since I watched it, but I seem to remember that. So maybe I'm imagining it.

Wait a minute, you're trying to get us to remember the later seasons of Buffy. You are a bad man. :(

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

Wait, wasn't there a Potential with a really dreadful cockney accent?

Apparently so, per the Buffy wiki.

quote:

Molly spoke with a Cockney accent and confused the other potentials by using British slang.

quote:

Clara Elise Bryant (born February 7, 1985, in Glendale, California)

And OF COURSE SHE DID:

quote:

Before landing a role on Buffy, Clara Bryant had a guest role on an episode Roseanne where she played the younger sister of Glenn Quinn's character.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

Splendid fellows, all of them.

(Credit to Brandon Bird, he of the Law and Order coloring book, Christopher Walken working on Optimus Prime in his garage, et al)

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

Jsor posted:

Susan, the Master, and the Corsair are really the Rani you say?

Rory is Susan?

And Ben is Glory? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

CobiWann posted:

After fifteen years, my wife is getting back into convention cosplay. So she’s been all over cosplay websites.

I’ve seen…things…

In some ways, this thread is the Zero Room of Doctor Who fandom.

There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible things. Things which act against everything we believe in. They must be fought.

• Locked thread