Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Rochallor posted:

I think what the Pertwee era was trying to rectify, in hindsight, was that the show had lost its connection to anything the audience found familiar.

Also to put the Doctor in a more restrictive context so the deux ex machina aspect gets toned down, both literally and figuratively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Australians have inherited similar attitudes with accents, all the regionalism and class distinctions. I have an accent a bit similar to Clive James without the Gough Whitlam nasality, and I was mercilessly teased and ostracized for it in North Queensland where the accent is broad and my RP-like accent was alien and hoity-toity. What the hell is "Received" anyway? Received from who? They sound very punchable. I've always loved northern accents and Irish accents from both my ancestry and exactly the same class distinctions so I'm no better am I, like the Who fans were all yay Eccleston good honest Northerner eww that chav of a companion though...

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

I went to Harrow's day school. :smith:

I've got a 2nd-hand apron...

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Bad Dalek sketches are fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpt_BtPIi_E

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I'm watching Black Orchid with the commentary because it takes the edge off.

• Locked thread