Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
what on earf are you saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

I.N.R.I posted:

what on earf are you saying.

He's saying they need to make a monhun game that controls like an 'X Warriors' game.

except drop the monhun part and just make it a Diablo clone

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

imagine monster hunter but with glorious kb+m (ignoring that apparently there was some korean monhun mmo?)

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

qnqnx posted:

imagine monster hunter but with glorious kb+m (ignoring that apparently there was some korean monhun mmo?)

there is probably a really lovely way to do this with PPSSPP

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I use kb+m for rhythm games. The keys are my frets and my mouse is my other hand strumming the guitar. It's a pretty sweet mouse though so I still feel like a badass.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

SeXReX posted:

He's saying they need to make a monhun game that controls like an 'X Warriors' game.

except drop the monhun part and just make it a Diablo clone
top quality Trolling in the mother loving Imp Zone today .....

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

It's a game that requires a significant time investment before it clicks. If you don't have a coach/enabler to play with, you'll never reach that point. It's dreadfully boring solo.

Dec 26, 2012

qnqnx posted:

that woudl be terrible

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I like the combat, it's slow paced and strategic and it's incredibly satisfying when you pull off a solid combo and dodge attacks. if you wanna feel like an awesomesauce powerbro gamer then go play god of war or something

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

DUDE he just climed up his head and pulled is EYE OUT SIIIIIIIIIIIIICK BRO

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Bolverkur posted:

DUDE he just climed up his head and pulled is EYE OUT SIIIIIIIIIIIIICK BRO

DUDE this .5% drop chance item I've been grinding a week for just dropped GET hosed LOOT TABLES

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
DUDE I'm posting on an internet video game forum.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

SeXReX posted:

DUDE this .5% drop chance item I've been grinding a week for just dropped GET hosed LOOT TABLES

epic

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

SeXReX posted:

nice.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

qnqnx posted:

:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:
:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:
:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:
:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:
:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:
:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:
:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:
:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

kb+m for anything resembling 3rd person melee game is just loving retarded, I really didn't understand why people complained about dark souls having poo poo kb+m support, it should have none.
Since 3rd person melee gameplay mostly happen on a 2d plane, and since you can see the enemies that are closely behind you or on the sides, It's much faster and precise to move a joystick in a given direction to instantly turn your character there than slowly moving the camera in the direction you want and pressing W (up) or something. If you use the AWDS keys to do the same you would only have 8 directions to choose from instead of virtually infinite with the analog. I. Hope. That. Helps.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

OP Monster Hunter is not for everyone, some people it just won't click for, and that's fine

As long as you make it as far as G. Jaggi or Seltas or something before calling it quits that's as fair a shake as anyone can ask for :)

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
it didnt get even remotely fun for me until the dodongo fight.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
try riding the Gore Magala roller coaster and see if that changes your mind, op

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

program666 posted:

:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:
:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:
:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:
:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:
:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:
:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:
:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:
:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

kb+m for anything resembling 3rd person melee game is just loving retarded, I really didn't understand why people complained about dark souls having poo poo kb+m support, it should have none.
Since 3rd person melee gameplay mostly happen on a 2d plane, and since you can see the enemies that are closely behind you or on the sides, It's much faster and precise to move a joystick in a given direction to instantly turn your character there than slowly moving the camera in the direction you want and pressing W (up) or something. If you use the AWDS keys to do the same you would only have 8 directions to choose from instead of virtually infinite with the analog. I. Hope. That. Helps.

lmao just much of a consolebabby you have to be that you cant wrap your head around kb+m

gamepads are only good for platformers

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Vendor Trash posted:

It's a game that requires a significant time investment before it clicks. If you don't have a coach/enabler to play with, you'll never reach that point. It's dreadfully boring solo.

smh at devs forcing players to have friends to game

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
I just fought that big ice dragon for 20 minutes and truth be told, I'm not sure whether or not it was fun or terrible, but he looked awesome and that's enough for me.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
around the fifteen minute mark, i realized all of his attacks have like five to ten seconds of windup. but i didn't realize, because i was intimidated by the spikes. on one hand, its cool that a video game can intimidate me as much as girls.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

SeXReX posted:

If you're in this position it's entirely your own fault. I was using a sick-rear end charge blade with a big glowing skull on it that I got from Gore Magala with little effort. I needed to fight his big brother to upgrade it, so whatever, I kept progressing through the story. then I fought his big brother, the fight is loving terrible, you can't capture him so you get less drops, and I realised I would need to fight him like another five times to get the stuff to upgrade the charge blade

so you know what I did? I stopped using that weapon and got a different one because there are like five viable weapons in each category at any given time and if you're not having fun because you're grinding stop being retarded as h*ck and adapt

Half an hour of fighting new cool monsters later I had a sick nasty poisonous spider charge blade that was even better, I don't care if it does 5% less damage to green dragons on a tuesday because I don't have autism

Zodar
May 21, 2007

% based item drops are no fun, MH already has an alternative to those (breaking specific monster parts during combat to get specific drops) that I wish they would lean on more heavily

Item system aside, I love the way these games play. If you think the controls are too clunky, it helps to think of it like a turn-based game, where half of the challenge is figuring out when it's your turn vs. the monster's

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
I would only play Monster Hunter if they let me play as Gene from God Hand and punch giant dragons to death or whatever.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I would play Monster Hunter if they would let me play as Godhand from Ehrgeiz.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Monster Ranching is more my speed.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Concordat posted:

I would only play Monster Hunter if they let me play as Gene from God Hand and punch giant dragons to death or whatever.
Monster Hunter is actually so f*cking good that when you do the good stabbing on the bad dragons you feel cooler than Gene from God Hand.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I want them to loving put MH4U on the WiiU like they did MH3U

U U U

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
good luck wanting capcom to take some reasonable decision about monhun

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Seems like grindy jap MMO crap to me OP.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Monster Hunter has an mmo-like grind except the fights are actually fun and engaging on their own, unlike an MMO where you just plug in your rotation over and over and move when the UI mod tells you to move.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

it's ok to like things, but also to not like other things, op

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
don't play bad games imho

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

I want them to loving put MH4U on the WiiU like they did MH3U

U U U

3u on wiiu sold like literal garbage, so that's probably not gonna happen.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If only Capcom would put Monster Hunter on PC. But then Capcom is allergic to good decisions.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
Downloading it from the eshop now.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Schnedwob posted:

Downloading it from the eshop now.

good choice, comrade

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

chumbler posted:

If only Capcom would put Monster Hunter on PC. But then Capcom is allergic to good decisions.

hrm yes if only capcom put niche series on platform badly suited to it they'd be swimming in money!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Inflammatory posted:

3u on wiiu sold like literal garbage, so that's probably not gonna happen.

Well then someone give me two hundred plus dollars so I can play 3ds games in 50 inches of pixelated glory with a capture thingy

• Locked thread