Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Inflammatory posted:

3u on wiiu sold like literal garbage, so that's probably not gonna happen.

Well then someone give me two hundred plus dollars so I can play 3ds games in 50 inches of pixelated glory with a capture thingy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fungah! posted:

hrm yes if only capcom put niche series on platform badly suited to it they'd be swimming in money!

Agreed. One of the only series making a dying company money should be sold on only the most limited platforms humanly possible.

demons.
Apr 20, 2012

Why dont you "get" a freakin clue! Holy heck!!

Dec 26, 2012

demons. posted:

Why dont you "get" a freakin clue! Holy heck!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

hrm yes if only capcom put niche series on platform badly suited to it they'd be swimming in money!

Monster Hunter is one of the most popular game series in the workld. are you retarded

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Monster Hunter is one of the most popular game series in the workld. are you retarded

it's one of the most popul;ar game series in japan where not many people play pc games, in the us and i think europe it's pretty niche

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i mean yeah in japan it prints loving money but poprting the game to PC would cost a bunch of money and a) probably wouldn't make the game sell significantly better in the west and b) wouldn't make it sell significantly better in japan because gaming pcs are a lot less common there. also it'd basically be gamepad only because playing monhan on kb+m sounds miserable

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

actually you know what i might be retarded, this one apparently sold like crazy. puyt me on ignore!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oh I thought you were arguing for a pc port. Nvm

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

oh I thought you were arguing for a pc port. Nvm

yeah normally i'd be all about that poo poo but it's all about the numbers on this one

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

for real though this one sold 3m units worldwide in like two months apparently. that's kind of nuts

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

for real though this one sold 3m units worldwide in like two months apparently. that's kind of nuts

i can kinda see it happening though. the psp ones had a solid cult following, the 3rd one was on the wii so no one cared, so this would be the one people got to see what their nerdy friends wouldn't shut up about.

Dec 26, 2012

Agean90 posted:

i can kinda see it happening though. the psp ones had a solid cult following, the 3rd one was on the wii so no one cared, so this would be the one people got to see what their nerdy friends wouldn't shut up about.

having online that isn't retarded helps too

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

yeah mh4 has done so insanely well that theme parks are rebranding their rides to be mh themed and poo poo. A wiiu version would sell like crazy and boost the console too

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I dunno what it is but this one got a ton of buzz in the West, I guess the timing's right for this kind of game? Maybe it's just that the concept is inherently awesome and this is the installment with the fewest barriers to enjoying that concept.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
i picked the the Gunlance, are the guys at the guild gonna know i'm compensating???

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
WEll, OP. The answer is simple. The game is played and designed for a race of autistic sub humans

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
Me Hateu Fun! Me rikeu grind! After rong day of worku me go playu singer praryer MMO!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zen death robot posted:

The forum is called Your Console is Good now, please stop complaining about games not being on PC thanks.

I don't know who changed the forum name, but its gay now.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's called Your Console is Good; that way you know it's not YCS, because that one said Sucks.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Monster Hunter is actually so f*cking good that when you do the good stabbing on the bad dragons you feel cooler than Gene from God Hand.

See I heard this kind of talk once but when I went to watch actual Monster Hunter gameplay to find out what all the fuss was about, I literally fell asleep from how boring and terrible the combat looked. And I do mean literally and not figuratively.

So then I just accepted that I don't "get" Monster Hunter.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Concordat posted:

See I heard this kind of talk once but when I went to watch actual Monster Hunter gameplay to find out what all the fuss was about, I literally fell asleep from how boring and terrible the combat looked. And I do mean literally and not figuratively.

So then I just accepted that I don't "get" Monster Hunter.
Yesterday, I leaped off a cliff and did a falling attack on a Donkey Kong so hard that he fell crashing through the tree cover, and as I toppled down after him, I landed on his back and rodeo'd him around while stabbing his head, and when he finally collapsed I beat him up with my bagpipes while playing rockin tunes.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Yesterday, I leaped off a cliff and did a falling attack on a Donkey Kong so hard that he fell crashing through the tree cover, and as I toppled down after him, I landed on his back and rodeo'd him around while stabbing his head, and when he finally collapsed I beat him up with my bagpipes while playing rockin tunes.

that's so loving boring

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
Monster Hunter is a bit like a tabletop game where you have a really anal DM who instead of letting you just hop on a cart and fast forward the story to where you have to be insists that you've gotta ride your own horses, camp out, gather supplies, and take guard shifts while the other characters sleep.

I fuckin' dig it

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
congrats to Fungah! on his new av.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

was it the green or pink donkey kong

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

congrats to Fungah! on his new av.

ty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

please do not abuse donkey kong that's how he got into kidnapping

• Locked thread