Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Verisimilidude posted:

I get frustrated when despite limping a monster proves impossible to capture.
if a monster is limping you should be able to capture it. always wait for it to go to a new zone so it doesnt limp off immediately after you drop the trap. when it is in the trap you hit it with two tranq bombs. not one, not three. two.

e: one thing that tripped me up when i started was thinking a monster was limping off when it really wasnt. sometimes if it's exhausted it can slow down and look a little different walking but limping is usually very obvious

metricchip posted:

I feel like I'd like MonHun a lot more if the areas were contiguous and you didn't have to chase monsters across separated zones and loading screens.
you probably dont have a vita but soul sacrifice is basically this.

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Mar 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Verisimilidude posted:

maybe I thought he was limping. he went to the next room and I caught him sleeping and I figured that once I trapped him and used tranq bombs he must've regained some HP or some bullshit

also it sucks when they only give you 3 tranq bombs and one trap

it's possible that he slept up enough hp to not be capturable any more. i like to hit them once or twice just to be sure. if they gave you tranqs and a trap i assume it was a capture quest and i always bring the max tranqs and traps for those because trapping can be bullshit sometimes with the monster just not wanting to get in.

• Locked thread