Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I played MH3 and really didn't like it and then I played the first couple of hours of MH4 and didn't get it and now I love it. So I guess try it again and see if it clicks and if it doesn't just accept that the game isn't for you and forget about it like a normal loving person would

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

SeXReX posted:

He's saying they need to make a monhun game that controls like an 'X Warriors' game.

except drop the monhun part and just make it a Diablo clone
top quality Trolling in the mother loving Imp Zone today .....

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

SeXReX posted:

DUDE this .5% drop chance item I've been grinding a week for just dropped GET hosed LOOT TABLES
If you're in this position it's entirely your own fault. I was using a sick-rear end charge blade with a big glowing skull on it that I got from Gore Magala with little effort. I needed to fight his big brother to upgrade it, so whatever, I kept progressing through the story. then I fought his big brother, the fight is loving terrible, you can't capture him so you get less drops, and I realised I would need to fight him like another five times to get the stuff to upgrade the charge blade

so you know what I did? I stopped using that weapon and got a different one because there are like five viable weapons in each category at any given time and if you're not having fun because you're grinding stop being retarded as h*ck and adapt

Half an hour of fighting new cool monsters later I had a sick nasty poisonous spider charge blade that was even better, I don't care if it does 5% less damage to green dragons on a tuesday because I don't have autism

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Concordat posted:

I would only play Monster Hunter if they let me play as Gene from God Hand and punch giant dragons to death or whatever.
Monster Hunter is actually so f*cking good that when you do the good stabbing on the bad dragons you feel cooler than Gene from God Hand.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

yeah mh4 has done so insanely well that theme parks are rebranding their rides to be mh themed and poo poo. A wiiu version would sell like crazy and boost the console too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Concordat posted:

See I heard this kind of talk once but when I went to watch actual Monster Hunter gameplay to find out what all the fuss was about, I literally fell asleep from how boring and terrible the combat looked. And I do mean literally and not figuratively.

So then I just accepted that I don't "get" Monster Hunter.
Yesterday, I leaped off a cliff and did a falling attack on a Donkey Kong so hard that he fell crashing through the tree cover, and as I toppled down after him, I landed on his back and rodeo'd him around while stabbing his head, and when he finally collapsed I beat him up with my bagpipes while playing rockin tunes.

• Locked thread