Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Bad Seafood posted:

I think Wrath fits him, it's just too many people make the connection between wrath and impulsive, emotional anger when he's more a deep-seated, simmering stove of rage.

I remember when Sloth (in the manga) revealed his power a bunch of people thought it didn't fit, but what is sloth if not a waste of natural talent?

Sloth was perfect in the manga. He was too drat lazy to do anything without serious prodding, up to and including rolling around at the speed of sound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Bad Seafood posted:

I wouldn't say Father's motivations are "Fundamentally non-human," just a bit more abstract. At base level, he's someone who's lived his whole life in containment (the greater part of it ironically by choice) who wants to break out of his bubble. That his own "Human" experience is limited is a product of his birth and circumstances.

When Ed's talking about Icarus in the first chapter, he's really describing Father.
Early Brotherhood is probably the weakest bit since the show kind of assumes you're already familiar with a lot of things covered in the original series and tries to burn through a lot of material too quickly.

I'd say to give it the two-volume test. The second volume is where the series really gets going in my opinion, but the first introduces a lot of core characters and concepts and serves as a nice contrast to later developments in the story.

FMA is partly about tempering knowledge/scientific progress with compassion and understanding for others and Father is all knowledge and no compassion, hence why his final fate is to be dragged back through the Gate while hysterically begging for the Truth to tell him what he did wrong. Dante was sort of weak tea in comparison.

• Locked thread