Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I'm sure I've managed to gloss over this somehow, but are there any automation/templating systems for Ship/Planet design and that like? I generally really hate doing unit design in general in 4X games so having options to work around that are always nice.

There's defaults, and it's hooked to Steam Workshop so you can download other people's designs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Not that I have found. Your homeworld tends to stay your powerbase all game.

Depends if there's another large planet you find with a sweet L3 resource.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Today I found an empire that was tied with me militarily, which was unacceptable, so I ninja'd in like 20 star-blower-uppers and blew up their home star.

I still like this game

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Powercrazy posted:

I'm learning the colonization system of SR2 and I think I've got it figured out, but something that is annoying. Sometimes I'll start a planet colonizing, then I'll stop it for whatever reason. If any of the colony ships gets there the planet will be stuck at <1 Billion people and there is no way to start it growing again, that I've seen. Is this just an oversight?

So far it looks like I have to abandon the planet then recolonize, but that seems inelegant. Is there some way to transfer population between planets that I haven't found?

I think if you have partial colonies you have to abandon them.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Is there a reason why one of my Orbital Replicators doesn't seem to be providing labor to the planet below it? I can start the core building on this world but it never progresses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

metasynthetic posted:

Quoting myself because I found a workaround, in case anyone else runs into this: Apparently, the exotic matter bonus somehow interacts with the Ancients in a bad way, causing this issue. I colonized another planet in the system, then exported the exotic matter to it with only the replicator in orbit around the exotic matter planet, (which caused that planet to no longer give itself its own bonus?) After that, I was able to build a core as normal.

This is exactly the bug I was running in to, but the exotic matter was the only planet left in the system for me to grab ;_;

• Locked thread