Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
q_k
Dec 31, 2007

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Questions:

- What determines max planet level? Sometimes I can continue to level up Resource planets past their tier level so I guess it's not that?
I think it's just 5 for every planet, it doesn't matter what the resource on the planet is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

q_k
Dec 31, 2007

PhantomZero posted:

It would be nice if you could see the cards from the galaxy map, its a bit of a hassle to remember to check it all the time.

There is an option to show that, you just have to select it from that long list which has things like show active flagships. The only bad part is telling which cards are available at a glance.

q_k
Dec 31, 2007

USMC_Karl posted:

Well I picked this up due to Scott's stream and have worked my way through the tutorial. Getting ready to jump into my first game so.... wish me luck!

One quick question I have about ship construction, however. I love, love, love the idea of building a spinal mount ship. Is that a possibility in this game? By that I mean, can I build a ship around a single, giganto weapon? Does the amount of... er... area given over to a weapon scale up its effectiveness?

Yes, you can see the damage scale up as you add more area, range only really starts ramping up once you unlock the upgrade for it.

q_k
Dec 31, 2007

Fire Storm posted:

Playing as the Heralds and I appear to be missing something. How and what do I export via beacon? I'd really like to upgrade my beacons and get more of them.

If you hover over the different projects you can see they require ore, defense support, tech support, or power support. Those are generated by a resource which produces that pressure type except for ore. You transfer it over to the gate by either dragging and dropping it from the planet producing it, or click on the planet, and right click on the gate and it should give you the option to export to the gate.

q_k
Dec 31, 2007

Demiurge4 posted:

What's ore good for besides a few techs? Mining asteroids is cumbersome micro and i'm bad at ship design :(

Ring worlds and other large orbitals. Heralds need it to upgrade and build some of their things. I find the easiest way to do it is just have a tractor ship haul ore asteroids to where your drop off point is and have a few miners at that point. You can check in on the tractor beam ship every few minutes.

• Locked thread