Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doodmons
Jan 17, 2009
So I used to do okay at this game against Easy AI (ok I'm poo poo at the game) but ever since Heralds came out, their new and improved AI has been utterly destroying me mostly on the back of them having decent ships and keeping them grouped up. Whenever people post on here about getting 2.5k scale ships and supports that are size 250 I'm just thinking wtf because I never even get close to that level of economy. I've never gotten up to Ringworlds or anything and the maps I'm playing on simply don't seem to have enough planets to support that amount of warfare. Is everyone playing on giant, multi-galactic maps or something?

What's the general flow of gameplay that people are using? At the moment, I'm trying to scout the galaxy early on, pick a decent scaling modifier planet or a level 3 resource that looks good, grab that and then backfill all of the lower level planets needed to level that up. Once that's done, find another high level planet to do the same on. I have real trouble getting lots of Labour in my empires, and I don't think my ship designs are good enough to make up for the lack of numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread