Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Garfu posted:

Best thing I've ever done in a 4x and one of the coolest things I've done in a video game in general:

Annex Planet vote on hydrocarbons planet deep in enemy territory
Spend all of my influence
Build outposts all the way to planet across the galaxy
Win vote
Build fling beacon
Within seconds fling planet across galaxy to safety

That was amazing. I just literally stole an entire planet from my enemy and not it resides safely near my homeworld.

This game is so good.

I don't think I can play another game without fling beacons.

I always remember my first time seeing a checkbox to allow my lasers to damage, and given enough time/damage, blow up stars. "Here go design this awesome ship and would you like it able to blow up entire planets? Just check this box."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread