Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

I had no idea this was out so soon! :wow: Gonna have to pick it up because I enjoyed the original a great deal and I am especially eager to see A) Someone who has explicitly said "We're not trying to succeed MoO2" and B) Diplomacy that is different from the Civ model.

e; Plus Firgof is good people who actually communicates with players and stuff, and didn't run off before finishing the first game.

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Mar 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Firgof posted:

The work on the research system upgrade continues.

Yeah that's the good poo poo there, y'all are cool and good.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

I just wish I could build farms and hydrogenerators that can actually export said resources, I need farm worlds that are supporting countless Coruscants :negative:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Okay I'm seeing a lot I like here but Attitutes or something similar is a mechanic I have been arguing for for literally years so I am god drat getting your expansion on release, you've got at least one of those sales you need.

As for spreading the news, I obvious don't know who you may have talked to, but the cast of Three Moves Ahead talk a shitload about various strategy games and I'd guess they would be interested. I'd suggest contacting Rob Zacny as he's the dude in charge these days. At least some of these guys have SA accounts I believe, but I don't know who, or their usernames. :(

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Firgof posted:

New article up! This one's about the First, the other new race the expansion adds. We also talk about the new AI and its new configurable settings and how Multiplayer works between people who have the expansion and who don't.

Click here if you want to read more about it!

Holy poo poo those First guys are extremely my poo poo

But this;

quote:

In order to allow people to play multiplayer with as many others as possible, the expansion content automatically gets unlocked in multiplayer depending only on if the host player has the expansion installed.

So even if you don't own the expansion, hop into a multiplayer game hosted by someone who does and you will be free to try out any of the new stuff!

You guys are incredible :allears:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Is this expansion going to be released on GOG?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Firgof posted:

Yes. We got a little overwhelmed with the launch so we weren't able to get all the assets needed to GOG in time to launch today. Hopefully it'll be showing up on GOG.com on Monday.

Ah cool, I'll be picking this up in a couple days then :)

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Gammymajams posted:

Can I ask a dumb ship design question? When shots hit armor, this nullifies or reduces damage on components behind it right?

So given your ships are going to be facing the enemy isn't it way more beneficial to have almost all your armour on the front? I understand it adds generic "health" too but doesn't this reduce the damage to critical systems the most?

It's not perfect in terms of damage mitigation, but in essence yes, you want to stick armor on the part of your ships most likely to be taking hits. This is also why if you browse Community designs you'll see a trend of ships whose engines are at the front and weapons at the rear - in combat it's more important they can keep firing than keep moving, so the engines can serve as a kind of last-ditch armor belt that keeps your weaponry safe for awhile longer.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Whilst I am loving Stellaris, SR and SR2 have and always will have a special place in my heart.

Especially because no other fucker has done diplomacy as well as in SR2, by Christ if there was justice that part would straight up become the new genre standard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

This game and you guys deserved better. I hope you can find a good place to work and maybe come back to the series in the future. Thank you for an incredibly good game that has given and will continue to give many hours of enjoyment to me. :unsmith:

• Locked thread