Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Have you talked to Extra Credits? I know they do a weekly "look at a lesser known game" thing. Not a huge publication, but a decent viewing audience.

E: I don't really watch him, but I hear Angry Joe also has a soft spot for Space 4x games.

Linear Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Apr 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
If you can, a filter for research would be nice too. I was trying to build a specific ship from the community tab and could not for the life of me find the tech I needed. A search box (or some way to click on a tech and have it show you the bubbles that grant it) would be really great.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Does anyone have Nylli hints? I tried them and found myself pretty bored. I tried the Mono, and while I could probably win that game, I think I "get" it enough that given a second go I could do much better with them. I just need to experiment with how many production planets I need, when to build factories, etc.

I'm thinking a lot of it is going to come down to colonization order, I tend to colonize very non-linearly and as-needed with most races, but the mothership is super slow, and unless you're lucky enough to spawn near an FTL crystal planet, you simply can't slipstream enough to bop around everywhere as-needed.

E: At least playing both of them once made me realize that the color of the "planets owned" and "military strength" indicators for the Mono and Nylli, respectively, are blatant lies, though!

Linear Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Dec 2, 2015

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Whatever happened with TotalBiscuit anyway? It sounded like he was going to cover SR2 and then didn't. Did he just ended up being too busy?

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

KlavoHunter posted:

Your starting planet has a large number of tiles, so it's not bad to make it into your capital, especially when your Tier II resource planets have few tiles.

I usually find one of those planets whose trait is being massive to make into my capital, and one of the ones with bonuses to labor on the planet as a production hub. I'm still not entirely sure I understand the game, though, and I'm never sure if I'm overpressuring a planet or if it'll grow into what I've given it.

Can somebody explain the new expansion mechanics to me? I don't need a giant effortpost tutorial, I just don't really understand what I'm looking at at a glance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

John Lee posted:

Is there actually a mechanic to make a world your capital? I never noticed it.

By "capital" we're talking about a planet you focus on sending pressure to so it builds a lot of buildings, and give bonuses to like naming it.

• Locked thread