Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Do the galaxy sized space ships make a come back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Anyone got some tips for ship building? The sheer amount of stuff scares me.

Sedisp fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 11, 2015

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

So is the best strategy for the first hour or so just to grab up a gently caress ton of planets? I seem to always be behind the AI when it comes to territory.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

I want to start a multigalaxy run but I have no idea of what a good ration of empires to stars would be. Any recommendations?

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Been awhile since I played but is there any way to set up an equal number of empires per galaxy. Like if wanted 9 total empires with three per galaxy?

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

So anyone got some general tips for building verdant ships? They seem like they'd be fun to make.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

It doesn't look like the DLC link on SR2s steam page shows Wake Of Heralds. Found it by searching manually just thought you guys should know.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Firgof posted:

More so than it appears as well, as now there's secret projects that don't show up on the grid until you fulfill certain conditions - or grab one of the cards that unhides one.

Well there goes my weekend.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Powercrazy posted:

I figured it was something like that but I didn't see any indications, is there a way to roughly calculate how much additional support you'd need to win? Or would it be possible to show a number next to the empire's vote that is the "true" support of the proposal?

That would kinda defeat the purpose of preventing last minute swipes.

The current system means you can still swipe it up but you run the risk of spending excess influence.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Anyone having a problem with load times on longer games?

Edit: And by problem I mean waiting for five minutes before giving up.

Sedisp fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Apr 25, 2016

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

GGLucas posted:

Hi. If you could upload a save that is taking too long to load for you and link me to it I can see if it's something that I can reproduce/fix.

http://www.filedropper.com/ftl51

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Garfu posted:

So I watched that video and thought I knew what I was doing. But I've just spent 2 hours in the design sandbox and I cant' figure out why the top design (the default one) absolutely destroys the bottom design (one I've created):

I've watch each ship closely and it seems like the systems on my design stay up long enough but in a 80v80 fight my new ship loses with 59 of the default ships till remaining, despite having more health and more DPS.

Location of the tube maybe. Second or two of extra time it takes the bottom design to hit the top might just do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

I'm really looking forward to Stellaris but goddamned this still has the best diplomacy aspect of any 4x game.

• Locked thread