Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Darn, the Steam deal for the release of Heralds is over. I just got some money and was thinking about picking it up; is Steam the only place I can buy it? I couldn't find a direct purchase option on the website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

Thanks for the prompt reply!

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

Is there actually a mechanic to make a world your capital? I never noticed it.

I bought this game on the sale! I probably shouldn't have, because I'm a poor welfare guy who need to save money, but I am having a real good time with it!

I love the diplomacy system, especially the Intense Realism where one race will demand the annexation of a random planet near my border, and the argument goes on for years, finally ending at 71-74 votes against... only for that same government to demand the same planet up to three more times, ramping up the effort each time.10/10 would vote again.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

Jsor posted:

By "capital" we're talking about a planet you focus on sending pressure to so it builds a lot of buildings, and give bonuses to like naming it.

I figured, but thanks for the confirmation!

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

Directed at the dev/s, who I hope still reads this thread: I got this game a little while ago, and have been enjoying it immensely. But there are a few things that I might like to see altered or changed, if any further support is forthcoming.

First, this bit:

It says that this planet has Imported Pressure and Active Pressure, which is true, but 7 of that active pressure isn't imported, it's just produced by that planet itself. It's not terribly confusing once you understand how things work, but it's still inaccurate; why the assumption that any pressure is imported rather than native?

Also relating to that planet:

Why is any resource not being imported to another planet considered 'unused?' Certainly, it's often best to use the resource to boost another planet, but that assumes a kind of best-case scenario; it's common that I simply don't have a use for a given planet at that exact moment. But the resource on the planet in my first picture, Flo IV, is considered to be 'unused' even though it's being fully exploited, which seems a strange choice of words. Maybe "Unexported Resources?' The fact that it's a default tab should be clue enough that it's something you want to watch out for.

Finally, and the thing I think is most in need of a fix: Fog of war as regarding planets you haven't seen in a while doesn't work in a critical respect.

I don't know jack about these planets, but by hovering over the resource icon, I can clearly see that they're held by and importing resources to a nearby civ. No need to bother, then!

On the whole, though, my complaints are pretty mild. Thanks for making such a great game, I can see I'll be playing it for years to come!

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

Unfortunate! You made a really great game, and I'm sad to see the company close down. I hope everything goes well for you in the future, though.

edit: Hey, uh, Firgof... Any chance of the fans getting some of your secret stash of Star Ruler lore? I know you got the goods, man.

John Lee fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Sep 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

They do, and they also all have a special effect. Should tell you in the corner info box when you have the resource selected.

• Locked thread