Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

just got this game recently having never really paid much attention to it

but drat, best 4x-style space game I've ever played (up there with moo2)

the unique mechanics this game offers are not only extremely refreshing but in most regards major improvements over the standard fare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

here's something silly I made, a teleporting solar powered suicide ship

the Bussard engine gives it hilariously cheap maintenance cost, the teleport has 0.6x cost factor (about 50 to 60 energy or so to teleport from missile range into a fleet blob)

I have a lower tech rocket version too which packs slightly more damage but does double the maintenance expense

cl_gibcount 9999 fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Aug 29, 2016

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

it would be nice if you could refit ships into completely different ship templates, so you could have several versions of a ship pre-built and ready to import as researched techs make more designs possible

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

That's a shame, it truly is the best 4x game in a long long time

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Have been playing as The First and really enjoy it, I have a few questions about some of the Attitude choices though since quite a bit of it simply doesn't apply to them.

In the Collectivism attitude, level 2 grants 2 more labor generation to factories, does that apply to the foundry? I know they get, at least partially, the factory labor bonus research nodes.

Level 5 gives +10% hp per factory to ships built on the planet, does that function with foundries?

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

The First DO have access to FTL. They had the solution all along and didn't even know it

Instant point to point teleportation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

If you get a good planet with a level-based effect then yeah work on getting that up to max level asap, but otherwise leveling up your homeworld is perfectly fine.

You'll want a planet with plenty of room on it and the homeworld is often the best option available so if you can't rush to grab a special planet then definitely get the homeworld to level 5.

• Locked thread